The Academic Advising Administration Community will be recognized as the preeminent NACADA resource for developing new knowledge and solutions for administrators, educating and engaging the constituents of administrators and those aspiring to this role, and nurturing the continuing growth and development of effective higher education leaders. The Community’s work will lead to:
- Further research and literature concerning effective administrative practices in advising;
- Recognition among higher education administrators both within and outside the advising area that the Community and NACADA are significant, highly-regarded sources for professional development; and
- Increased engagement of advising administrators within the Community, as well as nationally and internationally.
- Enhance the personal and professional leadership of advising administrators through the provision of high quality resources (e.g., best practices) and educational programs (e.g., “grow our own” academy);
- Facilitate networking and career development among advising administrators, and those aspiring to this role, by creating vehicles for idea sharing and mutual support;
- Foster creative outlets for successful administrators to engage in the scholarship of advising, particularly theory and research related to advising administration and leadership; and
- Develop strategies for carrying out this mission at local, regional, and national/international levels.