Are you interested in a leadership position within NACADA? Region 2 has six available openings on our steering committee! The openings are each for two-year terms, which would begin at the 2019 Region 2 conference and end at the 2021 Region 2 conference. Each position would have the option to renew for a second two-year term.
Applicants must be able to attend each Region 2 conference that occurs during their term, as well as steering committee meetings within the region, which take place annually on the first Thursday and Friday of June (virtual) and the first Thursday and Friday of December (in-person at conference site). The ability to attend the annual conference is strongly preferred.
Our current openings are:
- Awards Chair
- Eastern Pennsylvania Liaison
- Maryland Liaison
- New Jersey Liaison
- Western Pennsylvania Liaison
- Virginia Liaison
If you are interested in any of these positions, please send a resume, 1-2 paragraph platform statement, and photo to Region 2 Chair Chris Kirchhof at firstname.lastname@example.org no later than Monday, October 29, 2018. The platform statement and photo will be posted online for Region 2 membership to review during the voting process.
Awards Chair - Duties
- Coordinate the Regional Awards program, soliciting nominations and notifying the Region Steering Committee of award-winners.
- Ensure that funds are distributed to award winners, notifying the NACADA Executive Office of the recipients each year.
- Run the Student Conference Grant program.
State / Commonwealth / District Liaisons – Duties
- State Liaisons are expected to run their State Meeting during the Regional Conference each year and, if available, run a State Meeting during the Regional Meeting at the Annual Conference.
- Represent the issues that impact on academic advising within his or her state to the Regional Steering Committee.
- Encourage/develop/facilitate the development of professionals engaged in academic advising activities
- Promote NACADA and its resources within the state. This can be accomplished through a variety of activities, which could include:
- Coordination of state or local activities/workshops, such as NACADA-Sponsored Drive-In workshops.
- Reporting on state activities through the use of state-wide email campaigns directed at NACADA members, postings on the Region website, and/or through the use of other channels of Regional mass communication.
- Attendance/presentations at professional activities where the attendees may have some interest in or connection to academic advising, i.e. state meetings.
- Organization of a state advising network.
This Region holds elections for the steering committee on a rotating basis.
When it is time for elections:
1. Nominations/applications will be solicited.
2. Bios and platforms will be posted here.
3. Electronic ballots will go out to the state or region membership.
NOTE: The Region Chair is elected every two years through the Association election system.