During the Conference
Check into Conference
1. Check into the conference, located in the Kentucky International Convention Center 4th Street Lobby (Main Concourse). The sooner you check in, the less chance of standing in line - and that will give you time to become familiar with the program.
2. Pick up the appropriate ribbons for Advising Community Divisions you may have joined, First-Time Attendees, etc.
Hospitality and Volunteer Desk
3. Visit the Hospitality Desk in the Kentucky International Convention Center Market Street Lobby (Main Concourse) where volunteers will be waiting to provide information on local attractions. You can also sign up for a dinner group here as well. This is a great way to meet other attendees and share an evening of entertainment.
New Member Orientation
4. Plan to attend the New Member Orientation. Listed below is the description of the orientation.
New Member Orientation: Welco me to the NACADA Global Community
As a new member of NACADA you probably have many questions you want answered: Where do I start? What is that thing called “Advising Community Division”? I am only in my first year, can I even get involved beyond attending the annual conference? What is the purpose of the regions in NACADA and what opportunities do they provide?
In this orientation session you will be introduced – through both activity and discussion - to the world of NACADA. This session is designed to provide guidance to new members as they begin their journey with NACADA - learn about how membership benefits you and how you can make the most of your “first year experience” in NACADA.
During this session you will have the opportunity to:
- Learn about the structure and opportunities in NACADA including at both the global and regional levels.
- Bring your questions as well as an open and reflective attitude! Your participation in this session can be the beginning of the first chapter in your NACADA story.
- Develop ideas for resources and networking to help you both personally and professionally in academic advising.
- Hear recent new members share their sto ry and connect with other new NACADA members as well as the association’s leaders.
Advising Community Division (ACD) Fair
5. Plan to attend the Advising Community Division (ACD) Fair and Breakfast (included in your registration fee). This is a great way to meet several people and talk about their community one-on-one. This takes place Monday, October 21 from 8:00 - 9:00 am.
6. Plan to attend the Poster Session Breakfast (included in your registration fee). This is a great way to meet several people and talk about their presentations one-on-one. This takes place Tuesday, October 22 from 7:15 - 8:30 am.
7. If you presented, be sure to stop by the evaluations desk located in the Kentucky International Convention Center Market Street Lobby (Main Concourse) during the conference to pick up your session evaluations.