This position is responsible for assisting in the direction of the Major Exploration Program. In addition to programming and coordination, this individual will advise students from diverse backgrounds in areas such as academic standards, degree completion, new freshmen and transfer students, policies and procedures, and general education. The Major Exploration Program is a holistic and multi-faceted program focusing on assisting students in the planful major decision-making process. This individual develops and implements programming related to Major Exploration at the University of Utah, including: a Living Learning Community for first-year exploratory students, early access outreach programs, and a monthly student newsletter. This individual will be encouraged to teach a section of a credit-bearing undergraduate course on major exploration. This individual also assists in assessment of the program, and using data to inform advising and program coordination. This position requires constant collaboration with advising staff within the Academic Advising Center, as well as with campus-wide advising partners.
- Assist in the direction and vision of the Major Exploration Program.
- Create outreach programs for High School and Early Access Programs to support the exploration process.
- Collaborate with campus partners on coordination and execution of Living Learning Community for exploratory students.
- Work with Major Exploration Program to develop and implement student events to assist in Major Exploration.
- Author monthly newsletter for exploratory students with assistance from Major Exploration Program team.
- Advise undergraduate students from diverse backgrounds in areas including academic standards, major exploration and decision making, orientation, degree completion, new freshmen and transfer students, policies and procedures, general education.
- Assist in on-going education and training of campus-wide advisors on Major Exploration.
- Develop and prepare advising materials for students and staff.
- Assist in evaluation of data and assessment in determining program goals and enhancements.
- Present to students and staff regarding the program and advising in general.
- Participate in professional development activities.
- Other duties as assigned which may include advising special populations, assessment, internal and external committees.
- Some responsibilities may change in the future as office needs evolve.
PRIORITY APPLICATION DATE: May 1st, 2019 Apply through the University of Utah employment Website: employment.utah.edu Requisition Number: PRN20222B Job Title: Academic Advising Coordinator
University of Utah offers exciting, challenging and rewarding careers to those who seek opportunities to grow and succeed. Our University is well known as a top research institution that values each person’s contribution to innovation. We provide a generous benefits package with a variety of medical and dental plans to choose from. Other important benefits include retirement, tuition reduction, a wellness program, and an Employee Assistance Program.
Julia Vincent 8015814929 firstname.lastname@example.org