The Academic Advisor/Graduation Specialist supports San Francisco State University's strategic plan and the Campus Student Success Plan by providing consistent, accurate, moderately complex, academic advising services to undergraduate students. Working under general supervision, the academic advisor will provide advising focused on setting goals to facilitate students' success, persistence, and degree completion in a timely manner.
The position is a shared advising role that is split (50/50) between the Undergraduate Advising Center and one of San Francisco State's colleges (College of Business, College of Ethnic Studies, College of Health and Social Sciences, College of Liberal and Creative Arts, College of Science and Engineering, or Graduation College of Education). The incumbent collaborates with faculty, staff, and administrators both in their assigned college and in the Undergraduate Advising Center to deliver advising services with a focus on upper division students and those who are close to graduation. The Academic Advisor/Graduation Specialist reports directly to the Associate Dean of Undergraduate Education who oversees campus-wide advising efforts.
San Francisco State University has long-standing commitments to teaching, learning and social justice. Individuals interested in advancing the University's strategic plan are strongly encouraged to apply.SF State is Equal Opportunity/Americans with Disabilities Act employer and has a strong commitment to the principles of diversity.
Threaded through our Total Compensation package is a commitment to Bridging Life's Transitions. SF State is committed to providing our employees with a comprehensive program that rewards efforts that are appreciated by your colleagues, students and the customers we serve.We offer a competitive compensation package that includes Medical, Dental, Vision, Pension, 401k, Healthcare Savings Account, Life Insurance, Disability Insurance, Vacation and Sick Leave as well as State Holidays and a dynamic Fee Waiver program, all geared towards the University's commitment to attract, motivate and retain our employees.
Kim Altura | email@example.com
- Equivalent to graduation from an accredited four-year college or university.
- Experience: Two years of experience in student services or a related field (preferably in a higher education environment) is typical. The incumbent's experience should give evidence of competence and indicate the potential for further growth. A Master's degree in a job-related field may be substituted for one year of professional experience.
The position requires general knowledge of:
- Principles and techniques of individual advising
- Academic, personal and career planning and goal setting
- Student services and programs on a college/university campus
- Problem-solving and conflict resolution strategies
- Current software, technology, and online resources
The position requires the ability to:
- Apply interviewing techniques, and facilitating academic advising sessions one-to-one
- Actively listen to students; provide accurate, respectful and effective communication (oral and written) to students, faculty and administrators; exercise confidentiality, discretion, and judgment; handle moderately sensitive interpersonal issues
- Keep supervisor adequately informed, demonstrate regular attendance and positive performance evaluations
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships; work closely with a diverse population and ability to relate well with students, staff, faculty, and administrators
- Quickly learn and apply Title V, California State University, and San Francisco State University policies and procedures; SF State general education requirements for continuing and the new requirements effective Fall 2014
- Providing effective academic advising to students from diverse cultural, ethnic, socioeconomic, academic, sexual orientation and disability backgrounds in a one-to-one setting
- Providing information on Title V, California State University, and San Francisco State University policies and procedures
Knowledge and ability to:
- Assist with workshops and presentations
- Use PeopleSoft – Campus Solutions, Microsoft Office Suite, and iLearn