Provide information and counsel to undergraduate and graduate students within an assigned area regarding their academic pursuits and progress. Prepare and maintain associated student records. This position is available in the George W. Woodruff School of Mechanical Engineering. This position will focus on the advising of undergraduate students. This position will interact on a consistent basis with: Current and potential students, parents, faculty, staff, and general public. This position typically will advise and counsel: Students.
- Meet with students concerning questions and issues regarding various aspects of their academic program. May include questions regarding academic program requirements, registration, permits, overloads, degree petitions, change of major, commencement, curriculum, academic progress, and Institute policy
- Perform reference searches and records access in conjunction with student inquiries.
- Respond to faculty request for assistance in administrative or student related matters.
- Prepare assessment reports; maintain student related records, files and databases;
- Review and process curriculum related actions.
- May interact with other academic units in conjunction with joint programs
- May schedule and coordinate student events.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Georgia Tech is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any classification protected by federal, state, or local law. Consistent with its obligations under federal law, each company that is a federal contractor or subcontractor is committed to taking affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified women, minorities, disabled individuals, special disabled veterans, veterans of the Vietnam era, and other eligible veterans.