Provide academic and career information to current and prospective undergraduate Business students interested in BSBA or BABA degrees or minors offered by the Heavener School of Business. This includes the following topic areas: course schedules, academic and professional development four-year plans, tracking, probation, career coaching, study skills, minors, honors thesis, research opportunities, combined degree programs, resume development, internships, networking, choosing a major, study abroad, and the petitions process. Walk-In advising will account for approximately 20% (min. 8 hours) of total time spent directly advising students, while individual (30 minute) appointments will account for approximately 25% (10 hours).Provide academic and career guidance to students indirectly via administrative projects and programming. All Academic Advisors in the office do the following duties as a team, however, each project has a director.
- Assist with new student programs, namely, Preview and Transfer Preview. Occasionally held on weekends.
- Attend UF Admissions recruiting functions as the College’s representative. Occasionally held on evenings or weekends.
- Provide assistance in College activities such as Drop/Add, Advance Registration, Registration, admission activities, Grades day or any other activity which makes for a smooth running office.
- Represent the College and Director in various university committees and meetings when needed.
- Ensure documentation on the School of Business programs, including the BSBA & BABA degrees and college minors, is accurate. This includes the UF Undergraduate Catalog, degree audits, office handouts and office website.
- Responsible for the coordination of Termly Processes – reports include; hours discrepancy, degree certification, minor certification, Dean’s List, Probation, Tracking, etc.
- Act as Advisor for business student organizations. Attend meetings which may be held in evenings.
- Identify those students whose academic or extracurricular activities make them eligible for College, University, or national scholarships, awards, honors and recognition.
- Act as a liaison with other colleges/departments, the counseling center, student government, or outside agencies to provide academic and career advice and to assist in providing for the students’ overall well being.
- Review SASS audits for students and make necessary adjustments and/or corrections regarding substituted courses, requirement waivers, courses included in grade point average, and catalog year. In addition, make the necessary changes when there are curricular changes to the degree programs.
- Travel with the University’s Articulation Officer to community colleges as directed by director.Teach Warrington Welcome courses for first year UF, HSB students.Perform other duties as assigned by the Assistant Director, Academic Advising and the Associate Director of the Heavener School of Business.Participate actively in weekly meetings with the Academic & Career Advising team to discuss and review policies, develop best practices, and share outcomes assessments.
University of FloridaThe University of Florida is an American public land-grant, sea-grant, and space-grant research university on a 2,000-acre campus in Gainesville, Florida. It is a senior member of the State University System of Florida and traces its origins to 1853, and has operated continuously on its Gainesville campus since September 1906.
The Heavener School of Business is ranked 17th among US public undergraduate business programs and 27th among all US undergraduate programs according to US New & World Report.
$42,000 - $44,000
Jaime Little, M.Ed.Assistant Director, Academic & Career Advising
Heavener School of Business
PO Box 117160
Gainesville, FL 32611