Counsels with students and parents (when necessary) to provide academic and general information to current and prospective undergraduate Journalism and Communications students about degrees or minors offered by the college. This includes areas of course schedules, tracking, probation, study abroad, readmissions, and the petitions process. Will work with students daily during advising appointments, walk-in advising and e-mail advising.
- Assist with new student programs, namely, Preview, Transfer Preview, and Freshman Convocation. Assist with commencement (college and university events). Occasionally held on weekends.
- Attend UF Admissions recruiting functions as the College’s representative. Occasionally held on evenings or weekends.
- Provide assistance in College activities such as Drop/Add, Advance Registration, Registration, admission activities, grades or any other activity which makes for a smooth running office.
- Represent the College and Associate Dean for Undergraduate Affairs in various university committees and meetings when needed.
- Ensure documentation on the College of Journalism and Communications programs, including degrees and college minors, is accurate. This includes the UF Undergraduate Catalog, degree audits, eight-semester plans, office handouts and office website.
- Responsible for the coordination of Termly Processes – reports include; hours discrepancy, degree certification, minor certification, Dean’s List, Probation, Tracking, etc.
- Responsible for secure maintenance and storage of college-level student records. Assist with purging of student records in accordance with university record retention guidelines.
- Identify those students whose academic or extracurricular activities make them eligible for College, University, or national scholarships, awards, honors and recognition.
- Act as a liaison with other colleges/departments, the counseling center, student government, or outside agencies to provide academic and career advice and to assist in providing for the students’ overall well being.
- Review audits for students and make necessary adjustments and/or corrections regarding substituted courses, requirement waivers, courses included in grade point average, and catalog year. In addition, make the necessary changes when there are curricular changes to the degree programs.
- Work with at-risk students to foster academic success and timely graduation.
- Responsible for monitoring grades input at the college level and processing degree certifications.
- Other duties as assigned by Associate Dean for Undergraduate Affairs.
Salary is commensurate with education and experience