Under general supervision, advises students on course selection, requirements for selected area of concentration, and post-college plans to help meet educational needs and realize student scholastic goals. Develops and oversees advising functions, applies in-depth and comprehensive knowledge, and may serve as mentor/trainer of new Advisors and support staff.
1. Advises students in matters related to goals, policies, choice of curriculum, course load, study habits, course scheduling, academic action and problem resolution.
2. Interprets University policies, procedures, and curriculum to students, faculty, and staff.
3. Works with others in order to provide students timely information on educational options and University policies.
4. Assists with student orientations.
5. Makes appropriate referrals.
6. Verifies, certifies, and/or completes appropriate student-related forms, and processes.
7. Maintains student and advising records in accordance with State/Federal law and University regulations.
8. May clear students for graduation.
9. Maintains student data security.
10. Utilizes appropriate technology to support effective advising.
11. Actively involved in professional development opportunities at the campus level.
12. Develops contacts with departments and faculty.
13. Participates in professional development program at the Regional or National level, or demonstrates leadership at the campus level.
14. Facilitates college- and/or university-level advising projects.
15. Represents the academic unit through participation on University committees, caucus leadership, and/or teaching courses.
$35,000 - $58,400