The Academic Advisor II is responsible for recruiting and advising undergraduate students concerning education and career goals, academic requirements; generating and using degree evaluations when advising students; discussing financial consequences of registration; referring students to University resources; overseeing projects related to student success within the departments; and working directly with faculty on implementation of programmatic development.
$33,362 - 42,868
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Two years of experience in advising, recruiting, teaching, coaching, Student Affairs or other related area.
- Requires ability to multi-task and work cooperatively with others.
- Master's degree or above in Liberal Arts or general subject area of placement
- Four or more years of experience in an administrative role such as advising, recruiting, teaching, or other related area.
- NACADA, TEXAAN, or TACRAO certificate of participation.
- Valid driver's license - Must be able to obtain State of Texas class "C" vehicle operator's license within 30 days of employment.
- Experience with TAMU policies and procedures; experience with undergraduate degree programs in general subject area of placement.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication (oral and written), and problem-solving skills.
- High degree of self-initiative and ability to think and work independently.
- Banner (Compass) and Howdy proficiency.
- Bilingual (Spanish).