The College of Engineering at the University of Georgia is seeking a full-time Academic Advisor II to support the undergraduate degree programs and services in the academic office effective February 1, 2018. The Academic Advisor II will work with the Academic Office in the College of Engineering to conduct individual advising sessions with students to analyze progress toward completion of academic work and provide information about educational opportunities (Co-op, Internships, Study Abroad, Graduate Studies, etc.) and special services as per student’s specific needs. This position is also responsible for understanding degree requirements and policies, and providing ongoing academic activities once they enroll in the College.
- Maintain a caseload of 300-400 College of Engineering advisees; Assist students with registration each semester and maintain student files/records; remain familiar with degree program requirements. Work with Orientation students on degree selection, course registration, and college resources.
- Administer student support to enrolled and prospective students; Serve on various campus committees. Completion of the Academic Advising Certificate Program and attend yearly UGA advising workshops.
- Provide information about educational opportunities (Co-op, Internships, Study Abroad, Graduate Studies, etc.) and special services as per students’ specific needs.
- Familiar with College of Engineering degree requirements as well as wide policies and procedures relevant to other colleges and the university. Provide guidance and support in high-demand application process for students.
- Recruitment activities – Represent the College of Engineering at recruitment events and related meetings.
- Attend and participate in staff meetings, professional development seminars and other student support related meetings; Provide cross training to academic staff as required.
The University of Georgia is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation or protected veteran status.
$26,669 - $39,375