The University of Georgia invites applications for the position of Academic Advisor III for the Pre-Law Advising Office within the Office of Instruction. The Pre-Law Advisor is responsible for assisting University of Georgia students with an interest in seeking law degrees -from helping them select suitable programs of study and classes, understand application procedures and admission requirements for law schools, and ultimately further their success in being accepted into law schools. At present, over 1800 undergraduates have self-identified as Pre-Law students.
We seek a highly organized, collaborative individual who is committed to working with students, advisors and faculty, someone who is dedicated to student success and works well within a team model. Previous experience in working with Pre-Law students is highly recommended. Excellent oral, written, and presentation skills are required.
- Advising UGA students and alumni who are interested in applying to law school or pursuing a career in the legal profession. Providing students with critical information and counseling regarding a changing admissions and legal practice landscape. Meeting with a faculty/staff advisory group to serve pre-law students.
- Assisting the Coordinator with creating and delivering programs, workshops, speakers, and events; including the annual Law School fair in support of student success.
- Allocates time for responding to student questions submitted electronically (e.g., email) and disseminating information through the list-serv. Contributes to office resource materials (e.g. website, handouts) regarding law school applications and the profession. Maintains hours for walk-in students to address general questions. Meets with prospective students.
- Consulting with law schools to understand current admission standards and practices and improving admissions for our graduates at T14 schools. Assisting Coordinator with law school data tracking and assessment.
- Assists Coordinator with supporting the various pre-law student organizations.
The University of Georgia is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.