This Academic Advisor III position in the College of Nursing at UCF supports Nursing Pending students at UCF as well as prospective students interested in the program. This position also processes applications for our Concurrent BSN program and advises students on admission requirements and application processes.
- Provide one-on-one advising to prospective nursing students.
- Respond to general email inquiries and phone calls.
- Present information sessions to prospective Nursing students on and off campus.
- Facilitate new transfer and freshman orientations and other Nursing events on and off campus.
- Point of contact and liaison for all new transfer student orientations.
- Evaluate student academic records for admission to the Concurrent BSN programs and communicate with students regarding applications and inquiries.
- Perform duties to facilitate BSN Program operations including maintenance of program files, facilitating student petitions, tracking student progress, and maintaining student plans of study.
- Maintain records in student databases.
- Prepare reports regarding BSN Program admission and student data.
- Collaborate with Valencia College and Seminole State College staff to facilitate the Concurrent BSN programs.
- Some travel will be required - Approximately one day every two weeks to regional campus sites.
- Support faculty committee.
Applicants must submit a completed application as noted on the University of Central Florida Human Resources website at www.ucf.edu/jobs, position #37159 between June 21-28, along with a cover letter, curriculum vitae or resume, and a list with contact information for (3) supervisory references. Note: Please have all documents ready when applying so they can be attached at that time. Once the online submission process is finalized, the system does not allow applicants to submit additional documents.
Founded in 1963, UCF has grown to be one of the largest universities in the nation for a very good reason: We harness the power of scale in innovative ways to transform the lives of our students and create lasting impact on the world at large. Located in Orlando, Florida, UCF, our 13 colleges and more than 2,000 faculty members and 9,000 employees create opportunities for more than 68,000 students. UCF offers a variety of positions for faculty and staff who share our goal of creating a diverse and inclusive environment fueled by innovation and partnerships.
Special Conditions: This position requires a valid Class E driver's license (regular license). The position requires some travel. Approximately one day every two weeks, travel will be required to regional campus sites. Travel may occur outside of normal business hours. Evening and weekend hours will be required once or twice a semester.
Lucas Noboa email@example.com 407-823-2996
Bachelor's degree and 3+ years of relevant experience, or a Master's degree and 1+ year
- Selected candidate will have strong customer service skills, in person and on the phone, and have experience in an office environment.
- Prefer candidate to possess excellent oral presentation skills.
- Computer skills are strongly desired with an emphasis on word processing, spreadsheets, email, electronic calendars, and document scanning.
- Selected candidate should be able to multitask, manage time well, act with initiative, and have good attention to detail.