The academic advisor for Interdisciplinary Engineering program will provide advising and operational support to the Director and Assistant Director of Interdisciplinary Engineering. The advisor will report directly to the Director of Interdisciplinary Engineering. The advisor will provide basic advising to Interdisciplinary Engineering students (which includes students pursuing BS, MS, MEng, PhD and DEng degrees), support student progress by monitoring student retention and coordinating promotion, outreach, and cohort-building activities, and provide operational support in the form of course and room scheduling and other related logistical activities.
- Reports to Director of Interdisciplinary Engineering
- Coordinates student progress and retention
- Processing ETAM, CoC, ET applications
- Processing scholarships and other financial aid matters
- Coordinates course scheduling with Registrar’s office and other departments
- Provides academic advice and guidance to students. Advises students with academic, probationary, and financial concerns and determines possible courses of action. Verifies completion of degree requirements. Approves and signs degree plans, course substitutions, add/drops, Q drops, withdraws, and change of curriculums. Approves, establishes, and monitors student probationary terms. Approves and signs no grade drops, no record drops, and applications for readmissions.
- Verifies completion of degree requirements. Reviews and provides input on scholarship applications. Monitors student progress and degree requirements. Develops and implements student support programs and serves as an ombudsperson to facilitate retention.
- Answers inquiries and provides information to prospective students, students, and parents. Meets with and refers students to available resources and departments.
- Develops and presents training materials and programs. May conduct new student orientation. Provides oversight of students during new student orientation and registers new students. Develops and supervises systems for maintaining records of student contacts. May teach courses
- Interprets policies and procedures. Interacts with faculty to provide an exchange of information and to enhance the advisement of students. Prepares academic and advising reports. Assists in the development of grant and funding proposals for enhancement programs for students.
- Develops and revises informational material, handbooks, and newsletters. Develops and conducts high school, community college, and college recruitment programs. Communicates with high schools and community colleges to identify students for recruitment.
- Coordinates the direction of professional and support personnel. May supervise or direct functions of the office.