The Department of Energy and Mineral Engineering has an opening for an Academic Adviser.
- This position will provide academic advising to all Energy and Mineral Engineering undergraduate majors, minors, prospective students; assign student to faculty adviser; guide students in selecting and completing degree/options, selecting and scheduling appropriate courses, identifying career paths.
Other duties include:
- Assist students and department faculty in assessing course requirements and scheduling; resolve academic problems, identify and monitor academic progress; assess other needs (e.g., tutoring, financial aid) and make appropriate referrals; interpret University policies and procedures and curriculum to students, faculty, staff and University constituents.
- Oversee student records for majors and minors using eLion, and Data Warehouse.
- Review degree audits to approve departmental course substitutions/exceptions and request general education substitutions/exceptions; oversee data collection, maintenance, and analysis.
- Assist with lead production/updating of program information in undergraduate handbook and online; serve on departmental curriculum committee and guide curriculum revision/update process; serve on EMS undergraduate program committee.
- Coordinate and participate in recruitment/career fairs and retention activities, including meeting with prospective students and families; coordinate and/or participate in department, College and University recruitment and outreach events; serve on EMS recruitment committee, collaborate with EMS Office of Educational Equity.
- Coordinate with department staff on planning/implementing undergrad activities. Use social media to connect with students.
- Assist the faculty and staff with every aspect of the Department accreditation process for all four EME engineering programs.
- This position will work to prepare, distribute, and collect program surveys and compile, analyze and summarize the survey results to be included in ABET self-study document. Assist with compiling class notebooks for review purposes.
- Assist with Final Reports to the ABET Accreditation Board.
Penn State is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer, and is committed to providing employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. If you are unable to use our online application process due to an impairment or disability, please contact the Talent Acquisition Division at firstname.lastname@example.org or 814-865-1387.