This position is located in EduGator Central, the Office of Academic and Student Services in the College of Education (COE), and is responsible for undergraduate and graduate student advising, overseeing professional certification for students and graduates in educator preparation programs, and the college scholarship and awards process. This position has a high level of responsibility, acting as liaison to the three schools within the College of Education, various core offices across the university, and the Florida Department of Education. The individual will manage multiple tasks, interact with students, faculty, staff, and administrators, and handle inquiries from individuals and agencies external to the university. This position reports directly to the Associate Dean for Student Affairs and Graduate Education.
Student Advising and Program Support
- Candidate advises prospective and current undergraduate and graduate students in one-on-one and group sessions about COE degree options, interpretation of college and university policies, meeting program academic milestones, and options for educator certification in the state of Florida. Primary advising responsibilities will be with undergraduate students enrolled in the newly approved BA in Education Sciences degree/major, and graduate students in COE Master’s programs. Will work in collaboration with COE advisors, graduate coordinators, and program coordinators to support the admission, retention, and degree completion of students in college programs. This may include assisting with: new student programs (Preview), UF Admissions recruiting functions, college orientations and student events, degree audits and certification, and commencement.
- Candidate will have responsibility for keeping abreast of changes in policies and regulations at the college, university, and state/national levels so as to revise printed and web-site materials, advise students, and collaborate with faculty regarding recommended program changes. This will involve regular communication and interactions with various individuals in the three schools in COE, UF Graduate School, UF International Center, Florida Department of Education, and other departments and agencies within and outside the university.
Coordinate Career Resources and Professional Certification
- Candidate will advise students and graduates regarding career options, resources, and professional certification. Develop and oversee college level opportunities to engage students in professional development and career related activities and events and coordinate the annual career fair by collaborating with the UF Career Resource Center and school district and other agency recruitment personnel. Become knowledgeable of general state certification requirements, and translate information to advise students, alumni, and others concerning a range of in-state and out-of-state certification issues.
College Scholarship and Student Award Programs
- Oversee scholarship and student award programs administered by the COE EduGator Central office. Responsibilities include development and review of information/advising materials, presentation of student scholarship workshops, assistance to student applicants, collection and preparation of application materials, collaboration with faculty selection committees, oversight of scholarship/award notification letters and verifications.
- Special Projects and Other duties related to assigned areas of responsibility (student advising, admissions, certification, etc.) as requested by Associate Dean for Student Affairs and Graduate Education.
University of FloridaThe University of Florida is an American public land-grant, sea-grant, and space-grant research university on a 2,000-acre campus in Gainesville, Florida. It is a senior member of the State University System of Florida and traces its origins to 1853, and has operated continuously on its Gainesville campus since September 1906.
$42,000 to $48,000, commensurate with education and experience