Morrisville State College seeks candidates for a full-time, 12-month Academic Advisor.
- Serve as academic advisor liaison to assigned school and for students in related major.
- Advise students in degree completion requirements and procedures, including course selection and registration.
- Actively monitor student degree progress and make appropriate recommendations.
- Assist students in designing a plan of study and defining their academic and career goals and support student's transition from high school to college.
- Identify student's needs for services and make appropriate referrals.
- Maintain students' records and files.
- Maintain systematic contact with advisees and proactively reach out to and follow up with students by phone, email, text message, and chat.
- Serve as a Campus-wide advisor.Facilitate study sessions.
- Assist the Director of Campus-wide Advising with student programming, resource design, and other program initiatives.Assist the Director of Campus-wide Advising with monitoring retention software programs, coordinating faculty and student training/programming related to software, preparing appropriate reports, and responding to student need/issues as indicated by software.
- Participate in the planning, implementation, and evaluation of the goals and objectives of the Advising program.
- Serve on department and campus-wide committees.Participate in professional development initiatives.
Apply online at http://www.morrisville.edu/careers. Application materials should include resume and cover letter. Consideration of candidates will begin October 16, 2017 and continue until position is filled.
Morrisville State, a college that leverages the expansive resources of the State University of New York, is a model of innovative applied education. Located in the center of New York State, the College offers students hands-on, experiential learning in modern classrooms and specialized facilities, many of which are rare or one-of-a-kind in higher education. Morrisville's 3,000 students - who come from diverse backgrounds across the state and around the world - choose from more than 80 Associates and Bachelors degree programs that embrace agriculture, technology, business, social sciences, including psychology and criminal justice, and the liberal arts. An internship program that prepares students for success in the 21st-century workplace ranks among the top ten in the nation. At Morrisville, motivated students work alongside talented faculty members - many with field experience - to imagine, build, and test practical, sustainable solutions to some of the fundamental questions confronting a shrinking world with diminishing resources. Recognizing the importance of diversity in assuring the success of students and graduates in an increasingly global environment, the College is committed to equity and inclusion in all aspects of hiring and employment.
Morrisville State College is committed to creating a vibrant community enriched by diverse perspectives, talents and experiences. We encourage applications from candidates who share this commitment and will contribute to the diversity of our college community, especially members of historically under-represented groups.
Demonstrated commitment to working with diverse student populations, including first-generation college students and students from low-income backgrounds.
Strong interpersonal, intercultural, and written communication skills.
Strong time management skills and the ability to manage multiple priorities.
Must be able to work flexible hours including evenings and weekends.
Two years of experience in post-secondary instruction, academic counseling, career counseling, student affairs, or similar.
- Master’s degree