As an integral part of the Academic Advising Services team, this proposed full-time position will allow Carroll University to serve students and keep increasing advising program development as needed. This individual would support current programming and activities as well as assist in the overall growth and development of student advising programs offered through Academic Advising Services.
- Advise first-year exploring (entering students as well as major changers) and pre-nursing students, transfer and/or part-time students as appropriate.
- Provide regular advising ‘drop-in’ hours throughout each semester.
- Support student advising-related program growth and development through
- Collaboration with university-wide faculty and professional academic advisors.
- Collaboration with International Education, the Office of General Education, Career Services, Learning Commons, Office of Student Success, Residence Life, Spiritual Life and Admissions professionals.
- Facilitation of student programming including the Exploring Program
- Administration and facilitation of program-specific group advising provided by Academic Advising Services.
- Assist with maintaining accurate advising supplemental materials.
- Assist in the administration and facilitation of first-year Advising & Registration and Preview Day programming.
- Assist the Director of Academic Advising Services in the daily administration of Academic Advising Services:
- Assist in data base management and regular program assessment and reporting.
- Participate in a flexible schedule over the course of the academic year, at times including evenings and weekend programming efforts.
- Perform other advising-related projects and duties as assigned.
Please reference job #1718-036 and submit cover letter, resume and application to: firstname.lastname@example.org.Human ResourcesCarroll University100 N. East AvenueWaukesha, WI 53186
Carroll University does not discriminate in any manner contrary to law or justice on the basis of race, color, sex, age, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or veteran’s status in administration of programs or in the employment of faculty and staff. EOE
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 1-2 years of academic advising or comparable experience
- Commitment to excellence and accountability in academic advising services.
- Demonstrated excellence in communication, listening, interpersonal skills, attention to detail and organization.
- Ability to establish and maintain positive relationships with colleagues and campus constituents and to lead and work effectively within a team.
- Ability to utilize technology to enhance work effectiveness and efficiency (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, web portal applications, experience with student information systems