Categories: Great Lakes Region 5
|College of Health and Human Sciences
|Open Until Filled
Purdue's College of Health and Human Sciences is seeking an enthusiastic academic advising professional to support student success, primarily in the School of Nursing.
- Assisting students in evaluating and determining their interests & abilities and linking those interests with majors/programs
- Guiding students in developing plans of study that meet all degree requirements and fit within their timelines for graduation
- Maintaining a consistent pattern of contact with advisees to encourage a trusting mentor/coaching connection and discuss any difficulties they are having with a class or classes
- Developing and sharing strategies for academic success; building/supporting students' abilities to face challenges through resiliency and coping strategies; identifying and implementing programming to promote student use and referrals of university offices/resources that support academic achievement
- A cover letter is required for full consideration.
- Purdue will not sponsor an employment related visa for this position.
- A background check will be required for employment in this position.
- FLSA: Exempt (Not Eligible For Overtime)
- Retirement Eligibility: Defined Contribution Waiting Period.
- Purdue University is an EOE/AA employer. All individuals, including minorities, women, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.
- Master's degree in a field relevant to the position.
- One year experience in academic advising, student services or related.
- Excellent verbal and written communication, interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Ability to effectively collaborate with faculty, staff, students and parents.
- Ability to understand and communicate undergraduate curricula, as well as Purdue University procedures, policies, and admissions processes within Purdue Registrar, and understand relevant systems/databases.
- Ability to work well independently, be a self-starter, make decisions, and provide solutions in the context of discussions with students, faculty, staff, and parents.
- Basic proficiency in Microsoft Office Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Knowledge of programs and majors at Purdue University.
- Knowledge of academic advising.