Creates, manages, and executes strategies to attract, recruit, and matriculate new students to the college's various graduate and undergraduate degree programs. Provides admissions support to program applicants. Staffs and assists the college's admissions committees. Advises entering new students through orientation and similar activities. Works with a team of student success advisors to provide coordinated support to students in the college.
1. Works with supervisor and other college staff to devise strategies to attract, recruit, and matriculate new students to the college's 3 undergraduate majors (design, architecture, urban ecology), 2 master's programs (architecture & planning), and 1 PhD program (planning).
2. Takes primary responsibility for managing and executing the implementation of these strategies.
3. Provides assistance and support to prospective students as they navigate the admissions application process.
4. Provides an annual evaluation of those strategies and engages in continuous quality improvement in those strategies.
5. Staffs the college's admissions committees, providing information and materials to the committees and implementing the committees' admissions decisions.
6. Meets with prospective new students to provide information and guidance on academic-related issues, such as graduation requirements and exceptions, major exploration, course planning and registration, transfer credit evaluation/substitution or advanced degree requirements. Curates building and program tours for prospective students.
7. Works with marketing, recruitment, and admissions staff in offices around the college and across the university to meet college recruitment and admissions goals.
8. Coordinates with college staff to advise new students entering college degree programs through orientation, admitted student events, design foundation events, and similar activities.
9. Serves on University committees related to recruitment, admissions, and orientation.
10. Coordinates data compilation, statistical reports and correspondence relating to recruitment, admissions, and orientation.
11. Compiles and maintains applicant files and records.
12. In coordination with supervisor, develops an annual budget for recruitment, admissions, and orientation and is responsible for completing and tracking purchases related to these topics.
13. In collaboration with college and university marketing and recruitment/admissions staff, coordinates production of display, printed, online, and social media recruiting materials.
14. Coordinates programs that present the College's disciplines to potential students.
15. Provides supplemental student success advising support.
16. Participates in trainings for appointment management, advising functions, and other university system access programs.
The University of Utah is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer and is committed to diversity in its workforce. In compliance with applicable federal and state laws, University of Utah policy of equal employment opportunity prohibits discrimination on the basis of race or ethnicity, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, veteran's status, status as a qualified person with a disability, or genetic information. Individuals from historically underrepresented groups, such as minorities, women, qualified persons with disabilities, and protected veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. Veterans' preference is extended to qualified applicants, upon request and consistent with University policy and Utah state law.
$30,900 to $36,000