Assess academic needs and career goals of students.
Advise students on courses, programs of study, transferability, career options and college resources.
Assist students and staff with the registration process using college catalogs, schedules, transfer guides, assessment test results, banner system and appropriate internet resources.
Assist in preparing personalized learning plans and unofficial degree reviews.
Help retain students and aid in their transition through higher education.
Consult with faculty and staff in order to stay current with accurate information regarding program changes, assessment guidelines, course and instructor information, transfer issues, scholarships and appropriate referrals.
Work with department to develop effective advising and career resource materials.
Respond to informational requests from students, staff, high school counselors and others interested in Red Rocks Community College.
Ability to multitask and work effectively in a service environment that is subject to frequent interruptions.
http://jobs.rrcc.edu/academic-advisor/job/7644068 Complete applications must be received by 4:00 p.m. on Friday February 02, 2018. To apply for this position please click the button below and complete an application and attach a cover letter and resume. Your cover letter should address how you meet the minimum and preferred qualifications for the position. Failure to submit both a resume and cover letter will most likely result in the rejection of your application.
Since 1969, Red Rocks Community College has assisted students in meeting ambitious career and educational goals in an exciting, collaborative environment with multiple pathways to success. We deliver career-enhancing courses, certificate programs and degrees that represent a solid investment in each student’s goals and career success. Red Rocks Community College embraces the leadership role of providing education that is firmly rooted in real-world applicability.Through academic excellence and the breadth of our student population, we provide a pathway that is true to our local, state, national and international communities and support changing trends as they impact the success of our students’ career and educational goals. Our high value and academic rigor, combined with dedicated faculty, outstanding student life, and a strong learning support system, make Red Rocks the smart choice for meeting educational goals.Red Rocks Community College has campuses in Lakewood and Arvada. Courses are delivered in formats from traditional classroom, online, self-paced, and weekend classes.
- BA/BS from a regionally accredited College or University
- Two (2) years full time or equivalent part time academic advising, student development, student affairs or related work experience in a College, University or High School Setting
- Strong presentation, public speaking and communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to provide high levels of customer service
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with diverse populations
- Self-starter that takes initiative while working in a team-oriented environment
- Master’s degree in counseling, student personnel administration, education, psychology, communication or related field
- Two (2) years full time academic advising experience in a Community College Knowledge of College student development, academic advising theory and the Community College environment
- Experience working with Banner or similar student information system Bilingual Spanish (preferred, not required)