Categories: Mid South Region 3
|College of Textiles
|North Carolina State University
- The Academic Advisor will provide proactive advising to current and prospective Textiles students based on a developmental philosophy of advising following NACADA standards. She/he will maintain an advising load of 100-120 students.
- Teach assigned sections of a first-year experience course each fall and spring.
- Assist with recruitment efforts such as Open House, College Fairs, High School Summer Programs, Centennial Scholarship Weekend, etc.
- Participate in ongoing professional advisor training to remain informed regarding degree requirements and policies.
- Assist with preparation and presentations for New Student Orientation.
- Coordinate College of Textile Tutorial Program- hire and train tutors for the walk-in tutoring program.
The Advisor will seek professional development opportunities and actively seek occasions to maintain and improve expertise in advising, teaching and specialty areas.
She/he will serve on various college and university committees.
NC State University is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, gender identity, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, status as an individual with a disability, or status as a protected veteran.
$47,000 - $48,000
- Require post-baccalaureate credentials or a bachelor's degree plus alternative or equivalent professional training and experience may be substituted for the advanced degree on an exceptional basis.
- Must be willing to work occasional evenings and an average of 4-5 weekends per year.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Effective interpersonal skills and the ability to work with diverse students and staff within the university and with outside groups.
- Ability to establish priorities, work independently, and proceed with objectives without supervision.
- Master's degree from an accredited institution, preferably in counseling, education, or a related field.
- At least two years of experience in higher education, preferably in academic advising or student services.
- Experience teaching first-year courses.
- Academic background or professional experience in textiles