Vacancy #: 002347
Recruitment Range: Commensurate with Qualifications
Closing Date: Open Until Filled Organizational Unit Overview
The mission of the college is to serve as a national model for transforming the health of rural underserved regions through excellence and innovation in nursing education, leadership, research, scholarship and practice. The College of Nursing is seeking an Academic Advisor. This position is within the College of Nursing’s Student Services department. Student Services includes supportive services for both undergraduate and graduate students.
The primary purpose of this position is to provide academic advising to enrolled, intended and declared nursing majors. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Assists students in analyzing and evaluating academic needs/choices to increase retention and timely graduation.
- Provides readily available academic advisement to meet student needs to increase retention.
- Makes referrals to College of Nursing counselor, Director of Student Services, and the Associate Dean for Academic Affairs.
- Provides a centralized source of accurate and up-to-date information for academic and career planning.
- Provides clarification of University and College of Nursing policies and procedures.
- Advises students as to appropriate courses to meet degree/graduation requirements.
- Implements the advising/registration process for students.
- Assists during university freshman orientation and College of Nursing orientations.
- Meets with prospective students and families.
- Teach a section of COAD 1000.
East Carolina University requires applicants to submit a candidate profile online in order to be considered for the position. Candidates should submit a cover letter, a curriculum vitae/resume, and a list of three references, including contact information, online. Additionally, 3 original letters of reference are required for employment. Please be aware that if selected as a candidate of choice, an automatic e-mail will be sent to the individuals entered by the applicant in the References section of the PeopleAdmin applicant tracking system. Please have the original signed letters mailed directly Laura Batson, College of Nursing, Health Sciences Building Rm. 2150G, MS#162, Greenville, NC 27858.
The candidate of choice will also be required to provide an original, official transcript upon hire. Additional Instructions to Applicants In order to be considered for this position, applicants must complete a candidate profile online via the PeopleAdmin system and submit any requested documents. Additionally, applicants that possess the preferred education and experience must also possess the minimum education/experience, if applicable. Applications will be considered until position is filled. Please submit an online ECU application for vacancy # 002347 to ECU Human Resources at http://jobs.ecu.edu.
East Carolina University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Visit this job posting at https://ecu.peopleadmin.com/postings/26924