This position is responsible for providing academic advising, transition, and retention services to promote student success.
- Provides academic advisement to students.
- Creates and modifies schedules for incoming freshman. Assists students with course selection, registration, and schedule revision. Monitors and tracks advisee progress.
- Maintains correspondence with advisees concerning appointments and other matters.
- Refers students to campus and community resources.
- Processes drop/add forms, withdrawal forms, registration, name changes, and changes in programs of study.
- Develops and supports procedures for identifying at-risk students. Assists students with changes in majors.
- Work collaboratively with Admissions, Financial Aid and other related to departments to provide holistic student advisement and support.
- Collaborate with university constituent groups to advance Momentum Year priorities.
- Responsible for student retention through intentional outreach initiatives, intrusive advising, and academic partnerships.
- Assists undeclared students in identifying a major.
- Creates programs and workshops to help students select a major.
- Participates in new student orientation.
- Serves on orientation committees.
- Participates in new student orientation and registration activities.
- Assists students with initial scheduling and with adjustment to academic life.
- Teaches assigned sections of the academic renewal course.
- Performs a variety of related duties.
To apply, please visit: https://www.gsw.edu/resources/facultyandstaff/hr/employment
Georgia Southwestern State University – a four-year institution – cultivates excellence in learning and teaching that encourages intellectual, personal, and social growth for students, faculty, staff, and the community. Georgia Southwestern State University is a comprehensive state university within the University System of Georgia that offers a full range of bachelor degree programs, along with selected master’s and specialist degree programs. Georgia Southwestern is committed to serving the needs of its developing region with educational programs for high school, for professional and technical graduates; post-graduate professional training; research and business services; and cultural enrichment. Through its national and international affiliations, the University links Southwest Georgia with the global economy and actively fosters a greater understanding of international business and culture.