Academic Advisor and Coordinator of Co-terminal Advising
Business Title: Student Services Officer 2
VPUE Unit: Undergraduate Advising and Research (UAR)
Level: HStatus: Exempt, Full Time, Three-Year Fixed-TermI.
About the Office of the Vice Provost for Undergraduate Education (VPUE) and Undergraduate Advising and Research (UAR)The mission of the Office of the Vice Provost for Undergraduate Education (VPUE) is to partner with Stanford faculty, staff, and students to produce and educate knowledgeable, engaged citizens and creative, confident leaders for our future world. UAR is dedicated to introducing students to the full intellectual richness of undergraduate study at Stanford, supporting a diverse student population in their academic and intellectual pursuits, and instilling students with a deep sense of identity and community at Stanford.https://undergrad.stanford.edu/II. Summary of PositionThe Office of the Vice Provost for Undergraduate Education (VPUE) seeks an Academic Advisor and Coordinator of Co-terminal Advising within the office of Undergraduate Advising and Research (UAR).In this new position, the Academic Advisor and Coordinator of Coterminal Advising (AACCA) reports to the Director for Academic and Educational Support Programs, who in turn reports to the Associate Dean for Academic Progress and Academic Policy. The AACCA provides general academic advising to all undergraduate students, as well as centralized advising related to the Coterminal degree program from initial investigation, through the application process, and procedural guidance from matriculation into a Coterminal degree program until conferral of the undergraduate degree. S/he also is specifically responsible for the coordination and management of advising and advising services related to Stanford's Coterminal degree program, which allows undergraduates to study for a master's degree while completing the bachelor's degree(s) in the same or a different department. In addition, in collaboration with colleagues from UAR and Student Services Officers from every academic department which offers a Coterminal degree, the AACCA is responsible for centralized program administration and oversees the execution of policies and the coordination of practices related to Coterminal degrees. This position is liaison to the Office of the Vice Provost for Graduate Education (VPGE) and the Office of the University Registrar on matters related to academic progress, academic services, and academic policy pertaining to Coterminal degree students. The AACCA is responsible for strengthening the development and clarity of policies related to Coterminal students, communicating those policies effectively to faculty, staff, and student stakeholders.
I. Essential Job Functions
* Provide direct advice to all undergraduate students on a range of issues including, but not limited to, academic progress, academic support, academic program policies, academic opportunities, career plans, accessibility, community standards, etc., in order to assist them in making appropriate choices and decisions.
* In close collaboration with the Director for Academic and Educational Support Programs, identify, conceptualize, and determine the need and scope of advising and administrative services related to the Coterminal degree program.
* Provide direct advice to students interested in the Coterminal degree program, on a range of issues from general information, the application process, as well as procedural guidance including choosing courses, enrollment, and tuition, from acceptance and matriculation into a coterminal degree program until conferral of the undergraduate degree.
* Administer, oversee, and manage centralized student services for the university's Coterminal degree program, in close collaboration with Student Services Officers across the university from every academic department/program offering a Coterminal degree.
* Consolidate, organize, and summarize data from multiple sources (e.g., academic departments/programs, university publications, web materials, etc.) to create information and orientation sessions, to publicize print and web materials of that information and to prepare management reports and presentations of information related to Coterminal degree program policies, procedures, and statistics.
* Identify and evaluate data needs, manage the implementation and development of technology related to the evaluation and review of student records and to outreach to students and academic departments, and assist with the broad range of processes and projects administered by UAR.
* Develop and maintain strong working relationships with the Office of the University Registrar and Student Services Center (SSC) and represent VPUE/UAR at meetings and events as liaison for Coterminal student processes and concerns.
* Reconcile complex issues and resolve multi-dimensional matters including students in crisis, at risk, or who have other program issues; counsel students and parents on sensitive and confidential, complex, or sensitive issues.
* Train UAR Advisors on the processes involved with coterminal students, continually evaluating ways to enhance the services to these students.
* Maintain summary records of advising interactions in UAR/VPUE systems, adhering to university and VPUE policies and practices for handling confidential student information and applying judgment in determining which student issues to bring to the attention of senior VPUE advising staff.
* Other duties may also be assigned
How to Apply
If you're ready to work for an organization that nurtures diversity, respect, professional development and a comfortable work-life fit, we invite you to explore this opportunity and apply online: http://stanfordcareers.stanford.edu
* Click on Job Search
* Enter 68959 in the Keyword Search field
Affirmative Action Statement
Stanford University is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and is committed to recruiting and hiring qualified women, minorities, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.
About Stanford University
Stanford University, located between San Francisco and San Jose in the heart of California's Silicon Valley, is one of the world's leading teaching and research universities. Since its opening in 1891, Stanford has been dedicated to finding solutions to big challenges and to preparing students for leadership in a complex world.Supporting that mission is a staff of more than 10,000, which is rooted in a culture of excellence and values innovation, collaboration, and life-long learning. To foster the talents and aspirations of our staff, Stanford offers career development programs, competitive pay that reflects market trends and benefits that increase financial stability and promote healthy, fulfilling lives. An award winning employer, Stanford offers an exceptional setting for professionals looking to advance their careers.
Apply Here: http://www.Click2Apply.net/srdzt634xh