Provide academic and career information to current and prospective undergraduate Business students interested in BSBA or BABA degrees or minors offered by the Heavener School of Business. This includes the following topic areas: course schedules, academic and professional development four-year plans, tracking, probation, career coaching, study skills, minors, honors thesis, research opportunities, combined degree programs, resume development, internships, networking, choosing a major, study abroad, and the petitions process. Walk-In advising will account for approximately 20% (min. 8 hours) of total time spent directly advising students, while individual (30 minute) appointments will account for approximately 25% (10 hours).
- Provide academic and career guidance to students indirectly via administrative projects and programming.
All Academic Advisors in the office do the following duties as a team, however, each project has a director:
- Assist with new student programs, namely, Preview and Transfer Preview. Occasionally held on weekends.
- Attend UF Admissions recruiting functions as the College’s representative. Occasionally held on evenings or weekends.
- Provide assistance in College activities such as Drop/Add, Advance Registration, Registration, admission activities, Grades day or any other activity which makes for a smooth running office.
- Represent the College and Director in various university committees and meetings when needed.
- Ensure documentation on the School of Business programs, including the BSBA & BABA degrees and college minors, is accurate. This includes the UF Undergraduate Catalog, degree audits, office handouts and office website.
- Responsible for the coordination of Termly Processes – reports include; hours discrepancy, degree certification, minor certification, Dean’s List, Probation, Tracking, etc.
- Act as Advisor for business student organizations. Attend meetings which may be held in evenings.
- Identify those students whose academic or extracurricular activities make them eligible for College, University, or national scholarships, awards, honors and recognition.
- Act as a liaison with other colleges/departments, the counseling center, student government, or outside agencies to provide academic and career advice and to assist in providing for the students’ overall well being.
- Review SASS audits for students and make necessary adjustments and/or corrections regarding substituted courses, requirement waivers, courses included in grade point average, and catalog year. In addition, make the necessary changes when there are curricular changes to the degree programs.
- Travel with the University’s Articulation Officer to community colleges as directed by director.
- Teach Warrington Welcome courses for first year UF, HSB students.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Assistant Director, Academic Advising and the Associate Director of the Heavener School of Business.Participate actively in weekly meetings with the Academic & Career Advising team to discuss and review policies, develop best practices, and share outcomes assessments.
You belong at a university that's leading the way. As the University of Florida continues its quest to become one of the nation's top public research universities, we need qualified, career-minded individuals like you to make that goal a reality. See more benefits of employment at: https://jobs.ufl.edu/
Erica L. Studer-Byrnes, email@example.com