This position provides academic counseling through advising, guiding, and registering students. The incumbent advises and counsels students concerning admission requirements, degree requirements and course selection; participates in activities associated with the registration of students; monitors student academic progress, and maintains student record files.
- Provides information to students and potential students concerning admission requirements, degree requirements, course selection, and related functions by utilizing undergraduate and graduate catalogs as well as other information.
- Maintains interface with academic areas and applicable administrative offices to ensure compliance with current requirements and procedures.
- Prepares operational reports and analysis setting forth progress and adverse trends.
- Maintains current information concerning admission requirements as well as degree requirements in the various academic areas.
- Establishes and maintains student record files and assists with class rolls, grades and permanent records.
- Monitors students’ academic progress through the course of degree programs.
- Aids and assists students in completing required admission forms.Interfaces with various segments of the community to determine the need for credit and non-credit programs for recommendation.
- Counsels students regarding degree program options to ensure students can make informed decisions about degree choices.
- Provides recommendations related to academic scheduling and frequency of courses offered.
- Verifies transfer credits for selected programs.
- Participates in university sponsored recruiting activities.
- Participates in Graduation Ceremony for the School of Business Administration.
- Performs related or similar duties as required or assigned.
- Advises students and potential students concerning admission requirements, degree requirements, course selection, and related functions.
- Communicates with Admissions, Graduate School, academic areas, and/or applicable administrative offices to ensure compliance with current requirements and procedures.
- Participates in activities associated with the registration of students.
Founded in 1848, the University of Mississippi, affectionately known to alumni, students and friends as Ole Miss, is Mississippi's flagship university. Included in the elite group of R-1: Doctoral Universities - Highest Research Activity by the Carnegie Classification, it has a long history of producing leaders in public service, academics and business. With more than 24,000 students, Ole Miss is the state's largest university and is ranked among the nation's fastest-growing institutions. Its 15 academic divisions include a major medical school, nationally recognized schools of accountancy, law and pharmacy, and the Sally McDonnell Barksdale Honors College, renowned for a blend of academic rigor, experiential learning and opportunities for community action.