Reports to assistant director and under general supervision, plans, organizes and coordinates academic advising activities with the purpose of promoting academic standards and student success in meeting these standards to ensure retention of students in the university.
Under general supervision, plans, organizes and coordinates academic advising activities with the purpose of promoting academic standards and student success in meeting these standards to ensure retention of students in the university. Reports to the Assistant Director of Academic Services College of Integrative Sciences and Arts-Downtown Phoenix campus. Duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Leads academic success staff in the provision of academic advising, recruitment/retention, and/or academic program functions for students to ensure needs of students are met for successful completion of program of study.
- Provides academic advising and/or interacts with students in support of academic success regularly, but no less than 50% of time.
- Coordinates College of Integrative Sciences and Arts-Downtown Phoenix campus activities and functions directed to the retention and success of the student population
- Coordinates College of Integrative Sciences and Arts Orientations to include the development of student presentations, materials, and processes
- Coordinates Salesforce Advisor Portal retention initiatives
- Supervises Downtown Phoenix campus peer advisors, when applicable, to include training and development
- Supervises student intern/practicum experience
- Provides oversight of recruitment presentations
- Coordinates general advising and retention strategies for first year College of Integrative Sciences and Arts students
- Works closely and collaboratively with manager, chair, or director and university administrators to implement policies and practices in support of college, department, and university goals.
- Acts as team leader or senior resource for professional and/or support staff; may supervise students and/or staff as requested/needed.
- Supports Academic Success Specialists while assisting students in identifying all academic options including, but not limited to: degrees, extracurricular activities, study abroad program(s), research, and internships; supports and provides counsel to student in selection of options best suited to student’s goals, interests and skills.
- Acts as a college/department liaison to department, college, and university committees on issues related to academic success
Arizona State University is a new model for American higher education, an unprecedented combination of academic excellence, entrepreneurial energy and broad access. This New American University is a single, unified institution comprising four differentiated campuses positively impacting the economic, social, cultural and environmental health of the communities it serves. Its research is inspired by real world application blurring the boundaries that traditionally separate academic disciplines. ASU serves more than 90,000 students in metropolitan Phoenix, Arizona, the nation's fifth largest city. ASU champions intellectual and cultural diversity, and welcomes students from all fifty states and more than one hundred nations across the globe.
Arizona State University is a comprehensive public research university named #1 in the United States for innovation for the second consecutive year, followed by #2 Stanford and #3 MIT. We measure our success not by whom we exclude, but rather by whom we include and how they succeed; advancing research and discovery of public value; and assuming fundamental responsibility for the economic, social, cultural and overall health of the communities we serve. ASU’s College of Integrative Sciences and Arts is home to innovative teachers who are guided by educational access, student success, applied learning, and interdisciplinary inquiry. We understand there are many paths to achieving a university education, and we build undergraduate and graduate degree programs and pathways that are flexible and relevant for a rapidly changing world. To learn more about ASU and the College of Integrative Sciences and Arts go to: http://about.asu.edu/ and http://cisa.asu.edu.
$39,774 - $50,000