The College of Health Solutions is recruiting an engaged higher education professional to join us as an Academic Success Specialist. This position will provide advisement support for undergraduate students on the Downtown Phoenix campus. This position is a key contributor to increasing student retention and graduation and will support students in making timely progress toward a degree through a range of in-person and online academic counseling and support strategies.
Academic Success Specialists in the College of Health Solutions provide one-on-one as well as group academic advising for our undergraduate students. This position will support the retention efforts of the college and the unit. Academic Success Specialists are part of the Student Services unit within the college, and work with recruitment, engagement and retention staff. This position will advise a variety of majors in the college, most of which are related to health and health professions. The work requires utilizing eAdvisor, DARs, PeopleSoft, Salesforce and Retention Dashboard to monitor the progress of students in our programs. Specialists assist students by helping them explore a variety of academic options, register for courses and make timely progress towards completion of degree. They work closely with students to identify all academic options including, but not limited to: degrees, extracurricular activities, study abroad program(s), research, and internships. The specialist supports and provides counsel to student in selection of options best suited to student's goals, interests and skills. The Specialist may be asked to assist with academic program development and implementation, providing feedback to the faculty in the unit about what curricular changes would mean for students progressing through the degrees. Works closely and collaboratively with students, faculty, and staff to ensure academic success. May act as college/department liaison to current and prospective students, faculty, staff, and external groups on issues related to academic success. Working under limited or minimal supervision, handles problems, provides guidance and advice to students. Responds to student questions and concerns; works with students to resolve all issues to ensure ongoing satisfaction with program and successful progress to completion. As primary liaison, connects students with academic and personal resources including, but not limited to: tutoring, counseling and career services; provides follow up to ensure satisfaction with and effectiveness of services. Works collaboratively and collegially with academic units and services throughout the university to facilitate comprehensive student support. Utilizes a variety of university data and programmatic direction to promote student academic success.
At the pulse of health, the College of Health Solutions is dedicated to developing the health workforce of the future. We're equipping students to influence healthier lifestyle choices; develop creative interventions to improve the health of people and populations; analyze and translate large amounts of health data into solutions; maximize the technology, science, business and application of diagnostics; and address the critical and complex needs of the health care system. The college’s programmatic focus is on behavioral health, biomedical diagnostics, biomedical informatics, executive education, exercise science, health promotion, health sciences, kinesiology, medical studies, nutrition, public health, the science of health care delivery, and speech and hearing science.
$34,560 - $40,000 per year; DOE
- Bachelor’s degree AND two (2) years previous experience in one or more of the following: advising, student recruitment/retention or related student services utilizing a proactive and innovative approach which results in demonstrated outcomes in retention, graduation, and academic planning; OR, Any equivalent combination of experience and/or education from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have been achieved.
- Evidence of a Master’s degree in education/higher education, student personnel administration, student affairs, or closely related field.
- Experience working in academic advising for higher education.
- Experience offering a high level of customer service that prioritizes the success of a student in their approach to academic advising.
- Experience working with undergraduate students and providing student success services; knowledge of student development theory.
- Experience in rapidly adapting and effectively utilizing new technology, practices, policies and methods.
- Experience with Microsoft Office applications (i.e., Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint).
- Experience using ASU technology to facilitate advising including DARS, PeopleSoft, Retention Dashboard, Salesforce, eAdvisor and critical tracking tools.
- Demonstrated knowledge of ASU’s academic structure and organization; academic programs, colleges, and departments university-wide.
- Experience designing presentation materials
- Experience giving oral presentations in group settings.
- Demonstrated knowledge of ASU’s Downtown Phoenix campus.