Coordinator is responsible for student activities that contribute to a holistic first year experience within the college campus environment. Involved in leadership and collaboration of a range of student services including but not limited to academic advising, career advising, instructing First Year Seminar courses, informational/training programs and campus programming. Work with student accessibility services to ensure that students have access to and understanding of accommodations.
- Provides advising, career advising, assistance and guidance to students. Includes work within the At-Risk committee as lead to follow up on areas of concern.
- Provides support for students with disabilities to ensure understanding and availability of classroom accommodations. Provides testing when requested and takes lead in assisting students with disabilities and other students with technology opportunities to assist with classroom learning.
- Provides two credit hours of instruction for First Year Seminar.•Provides programming support as needed for orientation, college success, positive mental health or student development workshops or programs for students.
Submit a package containing:
- SCCC employment application
- Cover letter
- Resume with three contacts for reference
- Copies of transcripts
Packages may be emailed to email@example.com, faxed to 620-417-1124 or mailed to SCCC att: HR, PO Box 1137, Liberal KS 67901.
Seward County Community College is a two-year institution offering 45 programs of study, including Adult Basic Education, certificate programs and associate of arts, associate of science, general studies and applied sciences degrees. Ranked in the top 5% of more than 1,100 accredited community colleges in the U.S. by the Aspen Institute, SCCC serves a student body of 2,500+ students ranging
in age from 15 to 85, in a county with the highest foreign-born percentage population in the U.S., and a rural service area of about 50,997 in seven Southwest Kansas counties and a five-state region. Applicants for admission and employment, students, employees, sources of referral of applicants for admission and employment, and all unions or professional organizations holding collective bargaining or professional agreements with Seward County Community College are hereby notified that this institution does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, age, or disability in admission or access to, or treatment or employment in, its programs and activities. Any person having inquiries concerning Seward County Community College’s compliance with the regulations implementing Title VI, Title IX, or Section 504 is directed to contact Mr. Dennis Sander, P.O. Box 1137, 1801 North Kansas, Liberal, Kansas, (620) 624 -1951. His office is located in the Hobble Academic Building, room A 116.SCCC is an Equal Opportunity Employer/ Drug Free Campus
Position Type: Full-time with benefits Salary: $33,000 -- $ 37,000
Employment application can be found at http://sccc.edu/c/document_library/get_file?uuid=3b6c9f92-94eb-43fb-a855-43b343160966&groupId=726540
Direct inquiries to Human Resources at 620-417-1123.