- Provide professional, personal, social, career and academic counseling on an individual and group basis to Student Support Services students (low-income and first generation);
- Provide student development support based on Student Development theory;
- Provide Academic Advising on course selection, major and college four year plan
- Develop and administer needs assessment and evaluation forms;
- Facilitate workshops and seminars for students and teach College Orientation and Student Leadership Development courses/workshop;
- Serve as a student advocate and liaison with campus agencies;
- Serve as liaison with college financial aid student application process;
- Participate in outreach activities, student cultural and educational group events on the campus and in community;
- Serve as team member and leader on staff development or program development activities;
- Serve on admission and summer student evaluation committees; and
- Other responsibilities as delegated by Executive Director and/or Program Associate Director.
The University of Maryland, College Park, an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, complies with all applicable federal and state laws and regulations regarding nondiscrimination and affirmative action; all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment. The University is committed to a policy of equal opportunity for all persons and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, physical or mental disability, protected veteran status, age, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, creed, marital status, political affiliation, personal appearance, or on the basis of rights secured by the First Amendment, in all aspects of employment, educational programs and activities, and admissions.