The Tippie College of Business seeks candidates for an Assistant Director in their Undergraduate Program Office. The position is responsible for advising undergraduate business students and coordinating programs and events that support student success, connection with the College, and the celebration of achievement. Responsibilities will require occasional time outside the 8:00am to 5:00pm work day to support student activities and events.
- Provide holistic advising to both prospective and undergraduate students in both the campus-based and online BBA programs regarding: academics, registration, admission requirements, professional development, involvement opportunities, study abroad, graduation, and policies and procedures.
- Refer students to appropriate resources for help with personal issues, tutoring, testing and placement, career advising, and financial aid.
Academic Program Management
- Organize, execute, and budget for key events in the Undergraduate Program Office calendar that enrich the student experience, including welcome week each semester for newly admitted students (Launch Week), student organization fairs, and the Student Leadership Awards Reception.
- Develop programming and initiatives to support the success of students admitted to Tippie through the Standard Admission process.
- Support the Assistant Director for Student Leadership Development in the oversight of Tippie student organizations.
- Oversee the annual Tippie student organization awards selection process.
- Co-organize winter and spring commencement ceremonies and graduation receptions.
Academic Standards and Curricular Policies
- Teach a section(s) of the Direct Admit Seminar, an 8-week course designed to facilitate a successful transition to College for first-year students. Topics include Tippie traditions and expectations, skills for academic success, academic opportunities, campus resources, career exploration skills, living and working in a multicultural and global society.
$42,000.00 to Commensurate
Shari D Tolander - email@example.com
Cbus-Bus Admin - Undergrad
JOHN PAPPAJOHN BUSINESS BUILDING
21 EAST MARKET ST.
IOWA CITY, IA 52242