The School for Electrical, Computing and Energy Engineering is seeking an Assistant Director for Academic Services who coordinates and manages the school's academic advising, recruitment, retention, and student support functions for graduate and undergraduate programs. The successful candidate will be skilled and knowledgeable in personnel management and leadership, problem solving, decision making, coordinating activities, and establishing priorities.
This position will work with campus-based and online delivery of graduate and undergraduate programs in the school.
Apply student learning and student development theories to programs and services designed to enhance student retention and persistence.
Supervise teams of academic advisors and administrative staff.
Collaborate with undergraduate and graduate program chairs and school Director regarding long and short-term goals for all academic programs including planning, assessment, improvement, academic standards and curriculum implementation.
Communicate with key university partners and foster partnerships in support of online modality programs.
Initiate and prepare administrative reports and documents using database and analytic systems.
Oversee enrollment management, course scheduling, and faculty workload reporting.
Coordinate university assessment processes within the school and supports ABET accreditation processes.
Serve as a liaison between academic personnel, program chairs, school director, staff, Engineering Dean’s Office, and university student support programs.
Arizona State University is a new model for American higher education, an unprecedented combination of academic excellence, entrepreneurial energy and broad access. This New American University is a single, unified institution comprising four differentiated campuses positively impacting the economic, social, cultural and environmental health of the communities it serves. Its research is inspired by real world application blurring the boundaries that traditionally separate academic disciplines. ASU serves more than 90,000 students in metropolitan Phoenix, Arizona, the nation's fifth largest city. ASU champions intellectual and cultural diversity, and welcomes students from all fifty states and more than one hundred nations across the globe.
The School of Electrical, Computer and Energy Engineering (ECEE) brings together university faculty, students and companies to develop collaborative relationships and solutions. Our degree programs in Electrical Engineering are widely recognized and offer opportunities for students to participate in research. Our research efforts are aligned with national and international efforts to address worldwide challenges in energy production and distribution, health care technology and delivery, sustainable development and
economic growth, communications technology and information management, and global security.
$55,000 - $76,000 per year; DOE
- Master's degree in a related field, AND four (4) years experience in one or more of the following: advising, recruitment/retention, other related student services in a college/university environment, which includes two (2) years of supervisory experience; OR, Any equivalent combination of education and/or experience from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have been achieved.
- Experience applying student development and student learning theories within an academic advising office.
- Demonstrated knowledge of higher education, Board of Regents practices, university policies and procedures, and curricular support.
- Experience creating and implementing retention and persistence strategies for both graduate and undergraduate student populations
- Experience gathering and analyzing data to achieve identified goals and objectives.
- Experience in PeopleSoft, Salesforce, social media, retention dashboards, and Microsoft office.
- Experience in effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience collaborating with faculty and other stakeholders to meet goals and objectives.
- Experience with the principles and practices of supervision, training, and personnel management
- Experience in providing excellent customer service.