Assistant Director of Academic Advising
Categories: Great Lakes Region 5
|College of Veterinary Medicine
|Open Until Filled
- Serve as Assistant Director of Academic Advising for undergraduate Veterinary Technology students in the College of Veterinary Medicine.
- Duties include, but are not limited to, career and academic guidance to current and prospective students, class registration/scheduling, student development, serve as departmental liaison, provide information to visitors of the college, and conduct student audits/reports.
- Oversee and manage student recruitment representing the college at events and outreach activities.
- Develop recruitment programs and give presentations to promote Veterinary Technology program and career options in junior high and high schools.
- Coordinate social and digital media strategies.
- Supervise academic advisor.
- Purdue will not sponsor an employment related visa for this position.
- A background check will be required for employment in this position.
- FLSA: Exempt (Not Eligible For Overtime)
- Retirement Eligibility: Defined Contributions Immediately.
- Purdue University is an EOE/AA employer. All individuals, including minorities, women, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.
- Master's degree.
- Four years of academic advising or student services experience.
- Demonstrated leadership experience in academic advising or student services.
- Consideration will be given to an equivalent combination of related education and required work experience.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Able to effectively lead collaborative groups of faculty, staff, current and prospective students, and parents.
- Excellent leadership, supervisory, planning, problem-solving, organizational, project management and customer service skills.
- Ability to analyze data, identify trends, and communicate impact.
- Able to maintain an office environment that promotes innovation and critical thinking.
- Basic skills in Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- A valid driver’s license.
- Experience with COGNOS and distance learning.
- Working knowledge of Banner, Extender and Degree Works or similar student enrollment system.
- Knowledge of programs and majors at Purdue University or in Veterinary Technology.