The Haslam College of Business at the University of Tennessee is seeking an Assistant Director in the Undergraduate Programs Office.
The Undergraduate Business Programs Office provides a comprehensive academic advising program for 4,800 students in the Haslam College of Business. The office is responsible for academic advising, assists in curriculum delivery and enrollment management, progression decisions for nine majors, training of advisors, recruitment and orientation activities, scholarships, compilation and analysis of longitudinal data for business students, and makes referrals to campus and community resources.
- In addition to supporting the academic advising mission of the Haslam College of Business's Undergraduate Programs Office, the Assistant Director is responsible for managing two distinct activities.
- The primary responsibility is management of the operational aspects of the college's freshman living learning community.
- Duties include collaborating with various campus units for course planning and housing, planning First-Year experience events, overseeing peer mentors and coordinating service learning activities.
- The Assistant Director also manages the college's new student orientation activities.
- These responsibilities include collaborating with other campus units on orientation programming.
The University of Tennessee does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, color, religion, national origin, age, disability or veteran status in provision of educational programs and services or employment opportunities and benefits. This policy extends to both employment by and admission to the University. The University does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex or disability in its education programs and activities pursuant to the requirements of Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, and the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)of 1990. Inquiries and charges of violation concerning Title VI, Title IX, Section 504, ADA or the Age Discrimination in Employment Act (ADEA) or any of the other above referenced policies should be directed to the Office of Equity and Diversity (OED), 1840 Melrose Avenue, Knoxville, TN 37996-3560, telephone (865) 974-2498 (V/TTY available) or 974-2440. Requests for accommodation of a disability should be directed to the ADA Coordinator at the UTK Office of Human Resources, 600 Henley Street, Knoxville, TN37996-4125.