Under the general leadership of the Assistant Dean of International Programs, the Associate Director of Intercultural & Global Learning (Study Abroad) leads the efforts of the campus wide Global Perspectives courses for students studying abroad; and supports the College’s goal to deepen intercultural learning opportunities, and increase the study abroad participation rate. The University of Illinois is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
For more information, visit http://go.illinois.edu/EEO.
- Provide instruction, development and assessment of the Global Perspectives courses (LAS 291/292, annual enrollments of approximately 1400) in partnership with all campus International Programs Offices.
- Recruit, train and supervise section facilitators and teaching assistants.
- Lead efforts to develop, implement and assess cultural orientation modules for co-curricular activities with LAS faculty and units.
- Lead efforts to develop activities and project-based learning opportunities for intercultural competence development.
- Advise current and prospective education abroad students.
- Serve as LAS liaison with all campus partners working on study abroad and experiential learning to share best practices and streamline opportunities.
- Participate in the shared responsibilities within the LAS Student Academic Affairs Office, including walk-in advising, academic progress review, planning for and assessment of office impact, and LAS student recruitment-orientation.
To apply for this position, please create a candidate profile at https://jobs.illinois.edu and upload your cover letter and resume by July 23, 2019. Online application will require names and contact information including email addresses for three professional references. Full consideration will be given to complete applications received by the closing date. The University of Illinois conducts criminal background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer. For questions regarding the application process, please contact 217-333-6747. For further information on this specific position, please contact the search committee at LASCollegehiring@mx.uillinois.edu.
This is a full-time, 12-month position. The expected start date is as soon as possible after the closing date. Salary is commensurate with experience and qualifications.
Allison Branson email@example.com
- Master’s Degree, preferably in the fields of International and/or Intercultural Education or Liberal Arts and Sciences.
- One year of relevant work experience in international and/or intercultural education.
- One year classroom teaching experience.
- Project management experience, with excellent attention to detail.
- Demonstrated effective public speaking skills.
- Personal experience with international study, living, and/or travel.
- Experience in academic advising.
- Experience with course development.
- Experience with learning management systems, digital portfolios.
- Experience in development of online learning.
- Experience developing training and procedure manuals.
- Experience in program assessment.
- Excellent interpersonal and oral/written communication skills
- Demonstrated knowledge of intercultural learning
- Fluency in a foreign language