The Associate Director of Undergraduate Advising Services is responsible for assisting the Director in managing the academic advising unit in the David Eccles School of Business. The Associate Director will advise a caseload of students, supervise staff members, and work with the Director to manage ongoing processes, set departmental goals, and implement strategic plans. The Associate Director will work closely with students, staff, and faculty within the Eccles School, across campus, and at transfer institutions to ensure continuity and quality of service.
1. Work with the Director to manage essential operations and processes (including – but not limited to – appointment scheduling, advisor training and development, application processing, student outreach campaigns, and service assessments)
2. Participate in the development and interpretation of policies to ensure compliance with the University’s regulatory requirements. Ensure compliance with federal and state regulations.
3. Assist the Director in strategic planning and goal-setting.
4. Supervise departmental staff members and conduct performance evaluations.
5. Support a caseload of students through academic advising.
6. Analyze student complaints, concerns, and suggestions. Provide appropriate follow through.
7. Facilitate cooperative and collaborative relationships with colleagues in the Eccles School, across campus, and at transfer institutions.
The University of Utah is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer and is committed to diversity in its workforce. In compliance with applicable federal and state laws, University of Utah policy of equal employment opportunity prohibits discrimination on the basis of race or ethnicity, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, veteran’s status, status as a qualified person with a disability, or genetic information. Individuals from historically underrepresented groups, such as minorities, women, qualified persons with disabilities, and protected veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. Veterans’ preference is extended to qualified applicants, upon request and consistent with University policy and Utah state law.
47600 to 65000