The Career Coach is an integral member of the Career Services team. This position is for developing and coordinating career outreach and programming for all students and alumni to enhance the career development opportunities of the institution. Particular emphasis is placed on supporting experiential learning and internship opportunities and career exploration.
Apply Here: http://www.Click2Apply.net/hqjr4t26fm99cf92
- Provide counseling and advising to students regarding their career development.
- Conduct career-related workshops and programs for students and alumni.
- Provide advisement and counseling on major selection, career choice, career planning, internship search, job search, and career assessments.
- Provide classroom workshops in coordination of He 111 instructors and others.
- Assist the director in developing and maintaining employer relationships, especially in regards to experiential education opportunities.
- Provide support for students in securing internship opportunities in coordination with program faculty and academic advisors.
- Provide and update materials to support students in their job searches and other career development opportunities.
- Market office and programs to students, alumni, employers, and staff, and support the development of the Career Services marketing plan.
- Assist the Director in developing an overall strategic plan for the growth of the office and the services provided.
- Support efforts to enhance career fairs and employer panels from a wide range of areas appropriate to the fields offered at Husson.
- Support ongoing efforts and programming to enhance students' engagement in all aspects of the Center for Student Success.
- Guide students in the effective use of social media in networking and job searching.
- In addition, individual will be able to develop strong business and community connections.
- Track and maintain accurate records for reporting purposes on student utilization and the areas of need present in the student population.
- Position may require the person to participate in nighttime and weekend programs/events occasionally.
- Other duties as assigned.
Apply Here: http://www.Click2Apply.net/hqjr4t26fm99cf92 PI108224233
Education and Experience A Master's degree in Counseling, Higher Education, Guidance, Human Resources or a related field or a Bachelor's degree at least five years of applicable experience is required. At least 2 years' experience in Higher Education, with a focus on career development and engagement as well as a familiarity with electronic resources, databases and relevant technology is required. Demonstrated evidence of strong communication, organization, presentation and counseling skills is critical.
Physical Requirements While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee frequently is required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, and talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
A Master's degree focused on career development and a track record of developing and leading career development opportunities in the higher education setting.