NCU is currently seeking a dynamic leader to become part of our Student and Financial Services team as the Director, New/Re-Entry. This position is responsible for overseeing the daily operations of Northcentral University’s Student Financial Services Department, specifically, oversight for the Academic and Finance Advising Team supporting enrollment and new start students. This position is also responsible for ensuring that Northcentral is in compliance with all applicable federal/state statutes and regulations while ensuring top customer services and supporting the successful start of students.
- Oversight of the advising team supporting new students to ensure the growth, development, and training of team members and team leads.
- Oversight and training to ensure positive interactions with students seeking to start school supporting their financial and academic needs.
- Develops and implements training programs to improve advising skills.
- Ensures team retention targets are achieved, relating to the University’s retention targets.
- Strategic planning and initiative implementation to ensure achievement of service SLAs.
- Coaching and development to ensure all interactions reflect the quality and compliance standards of the organization.
- Responsible for reporting, progress tracking, and oversight over trends with responsibility to implement process changes to improve trends over time.
- Recommends, implements, and documents policy and procedural changes and collaborates with other organizational staff to insure institutional compliance.
- Assists with system enhancements related to Student and Financial Operations team.
- Participates in committees and task forces designed to improve the policies, procedures, and business practices of organization as a whole.
- Collaborates with the Enrollment Management team to support enrollment goals.
- Oversight on talent acquisition, head count analysis, and team structure.
- Adherence and leadership through example of all organizational policies (attendance, conduct, etc).
- Forecasting of new and re-entry student pipeline and ability to implement appropriate contact strategies to effectively support student success.
Please visit this link to apply: https://app.jobvite.com/j?aj=o5k79fwp&s=NACADA
Northcentral University (NCU) was founded in 1996 to provide working professionals around the world with unprecedented access to a richly engaging, professionally-relevant, and academically-rigorous education from a U.S. university. Today NCU is a proud affiliate of the National University System, a system of nonprofit universities with its headquarters in La Jolla, California. As a private, nonprofit and online university, NCU offers doctoral, master’s and bachelor’s degrees in business, technology, education, and psychology, as well as doctoral and master’s degrees in healthcare and marriage and family therapy. NCU offers a one-to-one learning model, where one student is paired with one professor in each course, creating a more personalized, individual experience for students enhanced by their professors’ real-world experience. All NCU faculty hold doctoral degrees. NCU students, alumni and faculty reside in all 50 states and more than 50 countries. Working professionals choose NCU for their higher degree because of our extensive program offerings, weekly course starts, no group projects, regional accreditation and overall flexibility. Northcentral University is regionally accredited by WSCUC (WASC Senior College and University Commission), 985 Atlantic Avenue, Suite 100, Alameda, CA 94501, 510.748.9001, wscuc.org. For more information, visit www.ncu.edu. We envision growth trends to continue, and eagerly seek highly-credentialed and enthusiastic individuals to join our team.
- Bachelors degree from an accredited university
- Two to three (2-3) years of leadership experience
- Knowledge of academic and business workings of a higher education institution.
- Knowledge of financial aid processes (including private, state, and federal financial aid programs).
- Knowledge of leadership principles and practices.
- Skill in verbal and written communication.
- Skill in operating equipment, such as personal computer, fax, copier, phone system.
- Ability to use and facilitate online communications.
- Ability to problem-solve.
- Ability to understand and interpret the needs of prospective Students.
- Ability to compute and comprehend rates, ratios and percentages.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from prospective Students, University associates, licensing and accrediting agencies and the general public.
- Ability to collaborate effectively with others.
- Ability to build and motivate a team.
- Excellent customer service and communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability with enrollment information systems and web-based recruitment.
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills.
- Highly organized and detail oriented.
- Must be able to consistently display the highest level of integrity.
- Ability to multitask and prioritize.
- Ability to use and facilitate online communication using email and/or other technology-based communication media.
- Ability to effectively performance manage for development or non-performance.
- Master's degree preferred
- Experience with non-term semesters preferred
- Experience with the online delivery of education preferred
- Experience in higher education preferred
- Experience working in a technology-driven enterprise preferred