Director - Office of Academic Advising and Recruiting
Categories: Great Lakes Region 5
|College of Education Administration
|Open Until Filled
- Support the mission of the College of Education and Purdue Teacher Education by providing exemplary advising, recruiting, leadership, programming and process management.
- Be committed to supporting all new and continuing students, professional staff development and the recruitment and retention of a high quality diverse teacher education student population.
- Purdue will not sponsor an employment related visa for this position.
- A background check will be required for employment in this position.
- FLSA: Exempt (Not Eligible For Overtime)
- Retirement Eligibility: Defined Contributions Immediately.
- Purdue University is an EOE/AA employer. All individuals, including minorities, women, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.
- Master's degree.
- Five years of academic advising or student services with demonstrated progression of experience.
- One year of supervisory experience.
- Prior experience leading program initiatives.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent leadership, supervisory, planning, problem-solving, organizational, project management skills.
- Budget planning and administration skills.
- Proficiency in MS Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Ability to make presentations to collaborative groups of faculty, staff, students and parents and successfully administer student services and academic success programs.
- Must be able to establish vision and develop implementation plans to achieve results.
- Ability to analyze data and set direction for necessary changes.
- A valid US or Canadian driver’s license is necessary for employment in this position.
- Knowledge of programs and majors at Purdue University.