The University of Nevada, Las Vegas invites applications for the Director of Academic Advising, College of Sciences 
- College of Sciences is seeking a Director of Academic Advising to perform duties that are required for the Center's proper operation, as determined by the College's Dean and Associate Dean. These duties include, but are not limited to advising College of Sciences majors and prospective students to make adequate progress towards their degrees and to graduate from UNLV in a timely manner; overseeing Cohort tracking and Retention, Progression, and Completion efforts for the College of Sciences; tracking course enrollments and projecting the number of course sections and seats needed to meet the projected demand; maintaining accurate student records; confirming degree requirements; recruiting, training, and supervising Academic Advisors and the Advising Center's staff; maintaining budgets; organizing and running events such as new student orientation; supporting the Science Fair; and representing the Advising Center at appropriate UNLV events. The Director of Academic Advising and Recruitment works collaboratively with various units and individuals within the College of Sciences and across the UNLV campus. Responsibilities require periodic evening and weekend work.
Submit a letter of interest, a detailed resume listing qualifications and experience, and the names, addresses, and telephone numbers of at least three professional references who may be contacted. Applicants should fully describe their qualifications and experience, with specific reference to each of the minimum and preferred qualifications, because this is the information on which the initial review of materials will be based. Although this position will remain open until filled, review of candidates' materials will begin on October 2, 2017 and full consideration will be gained for materials submitted prior to that date. Materials should be addressed to Dr. Gayle Juneau-Butler, Assistant Vice Provost for Retention, Progression & Completion, Search Committee Chair, and should be submitted via on-line application at https://hrsearch.unlv.edu. For assistance with UNLV's on-line applicant portal, contact UNLV Employment Services at (702) 895-3504 or firstname.lastname@example.org
UNLV is a doctoral-degree-granting institution of approximately 29,000 students and more than 3,000 faculty and staff that is classified by the Carnegie Foundation for the Advancement of Teaching as a research university with high research activity. UNLV offers a broad range of respected academic programs and is on a path to join the top tier of national public research universities. The university is committed to recruiting and retaining top students and faculty, educating the region's diversifying population and workforce, driving economic activity through increased research and community partnerships, and creating an academic health center for Southern Nevada that includes the launch of a new UNLV School of Medicine. UNLV is located on a 332-acre main campus and two satellite campuses in Southern Nevada. For more information, visit us on line at: http://www.unlv.edu
- This position requires a Master's degree from a regionally accredited college or university, and at least 5 years of related professional and managerial experience.
- The Director of Academic Advising must have ability to understand, articulate, and apply University, College, Department, and program policies and procedures, including, but not limited to admission, registration, curriculum, academic standing, academic standards, and graduation requirements.
- The position requires exceptional leadership, planning, and decision making abilities; strong skills in computer applications such as word processing, spreadsheets, databases, internet-based operations, data analytics, as well as excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- SALARY RANGE: Salary competitive with those at similarly situated institutions. Position is contingent upon funding.