Director of Advising
Categories: Mid Atlantic Region 2
|Humanities/Behavioral Sciences, Dean of
|Apr 5 2018 10:00PM
|Open Until Filled
The Director for Academic Advising will direct a team of academic advisors dedicated to student success through timely, accurate academic advising services. This position is charged with the coordination, oversight, and assessment of undergraduate advising programs and practices in order to ensure quality academic advising for all students. The Director will develop and implement a comprehensive plan for academic advising grounded in best practices and research in advising, retention, and student success. This position will collaborate with other members of Student Affairs, Academic Affairs, and the campus community to accomplish comprehensive student engagement and retention goals. The Director will report to the Dean of the College of Humanities and Behavioral Sciences.
Applications MUST be submitted through email@example.com
Application Review Date: 04/30/2018
Sharon Roger Hepburn 540-831-5287
- Advanced degree and extensive experience in education, counseling or advising or equivalent training, education, or experience.
- Experience in planning and implementing programming for student recruitment and/or retention activities, or related events like commencement and workshops.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, organizational, customer service, and time management skills.
- Must be able to make independent judgments, analyze and solve problems, manage multiple tasks, work independently as a self-starter.
- Ability to use current office software such as Microsoft Office.
- Must be able to work with people from diverse backgrounds.
- Experience interpreting, applying university, state and federal policies/procedures.
- Demonstrated experience in advising in a higher education academic setting.
- Previous experience/knowledge working with Banner and eVA.
- Participation in the delivery of in-service training to practitioners on academic.
- Advising and information procedures.
- Ability to gather data, compile information, and prepare reports.
- Knowledge of student recruitment and retention issues.
- Supervisory experience.