The Director of Academic Advising develops and oversees all operations and strategic planning for the David Eccles School of Business undergraduate advising program in support of the University of Utah and David Eccles School of Business goals and mission. The Director will work closely with the Executive Director of undergraduate Programs, Academic Advising staff, Undergraduate Students, Academic Departments, Faculty, other Undergraduate Programs, and various University partners to ensure continuity and quality of service.
- Standard Hours per Week: 40
- Full Time or Part Time? Full Time
- Salt Lake City, UT
- Pay Rate Range 65,000-85,000
- Directs the development and implementation of academic advising objectives that are comprehensive, appropriate, and consistent with University of Utah goals and objectives.
- Provides leadership, vision, and strategic direction to Undergraduate Advising Services through identifying key needs and prioritizing and developing a strategic plan for assessment and implementation of initiatives.
- Provide guidance and support for staff by setting short and long-term goals for the department and encouraging personal/professional goal setting among employees, defining clear job descriptions and expectations, ensuring competency of supervises, and conducting ongoing performance evaluation.
- Effectively communicates the roles, responsibilities, and needs of Undergraduate Advising Services to key stakeholders, including the Dean’s Office, academic departments, and faculty.
- Manages area budget, estimating budgetary requirements for staff, space and equipment. Ensures timely follow through on budget-related activities such as requests, reimbursements, and budget reporting. Forecasts capital and operating budget needs.
- Oversees recruitment and retention of assigned staff to maintain a high performing, committed, and highly-skilled academic advising team. Oversees the analysis and determination of appropriate staffing levels to support students’ needs.
- Collaborates with other David Eccles School of Business organizations, including but not limited to Student Engagement and Assessment, Business Career Services, Business Scholars, Office for Student Inclusion, Academic Departments, and Graduate Programs.
- Designs and coordinates ongoing program assessment initiatives to ensure departmental goal attainment, student satisfaction, and overall effectiveness. Enhances existing programs and develops new initiatives and services to meet the educational and advising needs of current and prospective students.
- Collaborative with University partners and actively participates in University-wide committees to establish administrative plans and policies.
- Actively participates in local, regional, and national professional associations to advance the academic advising profession and to enhance advising services designed and implemented for students in the Eccles School.
- Facilitates cooperative and collaborative community and institutional relationships DISCLAIMER This job description is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to the job.
Work Environment and Level of Frequency typically required Nearly Continuously: Office environment.
Physical Requirements and Level of Frequency that may be required Nearly Continuously: Sitting, hearing, listening, talking. Often: Repetitive hand motion (such as typing), walking. Seldom: Bending, reaching overhead.
Apply Here: https://utah.peopleadmin.com/postings/90941
https://www.utah.edu/about/ University of Utah offers exciting, challenging and rewarding careers to those who seek opportunities to grow and succeed. Our University is well known as a top research institution that values each person’s contribution to innovation. We provide a generous benefits package with a variety of medical and dental plans to choose from. Other important benefits include retirement, tuition reduction, a wellness program, and an Employee Assistance Program. The University of Utah is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer and is committed to diversity in its workforce. In compliance with applicable federal and state laws, University of Utah policy of equal employment opportunity prohibits discrimination on the basis of race or ethnicity, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, veteran’s status, status as a qualified person with a disability, or genetic information. Individuals from historically underrepresented groups, such as minorities, women, qualified persons with disabilities, and protected veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. Veterans’ preference is extended to qualified applicants, upon request and consistent with University policy and Utah state law. This position may require the successful completion of a criminal background check and/or drug screen.
To inquire about this posting, email: email@example.com or call 801-581-2300. Reasonable accommodations in the application process will be provided to qualified individuals with disabilities. To request an accommodation or for further information about University AA/EO policies, please contact the Office of Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action, 201 S. Presidents Cr., Rm 135, (801) 581-8365 (V/TDD), email: firstname.lastname@example.org.