The School of Health Professions at the University of Missouri-Columbia (MU), the flagship, land-grant, comprehensive research university of the University of Missouri System, seeks a Director of Student Services. The Director of Student Services is responsible for overseeing all areas of Student Services, including advising, admissions, academic actions, commencement ceremonies, and student success/retention initiatives. The Director of Student Services represents and advocates for students within the School of Health Professions and fosters strong and effective collaborative relationships with a wide range of students, senior administrators, faculty, directors, staff, parents and guardians. While reporting to the Associate Dean of Academic Affairs and serving as member of the Dean’s Senior Staff, the Director of Student Services will provide critical input on student matters. Those reporting to the Director of Student Services include academic advisors, office staff, and student records coordinator.
- Direct academic advising for SHP.
- Supervise academic advisors, office staff, and student records coordinator.
- Engage the student services team in best practices and professional development activities to create a welcoming and inclusive environment for students, staff and faculty.
- Coordinate academic actions.
- Oversee all functions related to student records management and transfer/readmit applications.
- Direct and facilitate student retention efforts.
- Direct and supervise Student Services staff in coordinating commencement and convocation ceremonies.
- Collaborate with student recruitment efforts led by SHP Recruitment Coordinator.
- Teach and facilitate advisors’ teaching of Health Science seminar.
- Maintain a limited ongoing advising caseload and engage in additional advising as needed (e.g., walk-in advising sessions, assisting with overflow as needed).
Applicants should apply through the HR website (e-Recruit): https://hrs.missouri.edu/find-a-job/staff. The job opening number is 30060. A letter of interest and resume must be attached to a completed online application in eRecruit.
For questions, please contact: Stephanie Reid-Arndt, PhD, Search Committee Chair at ReidArndtS@health.missouri.edu. The review of application materials will begin immediately, and the position will close when well-qualified candidates are identified to move forward in the recruitment process.
Founded in 1839, MU is the state’s largest university offering more than 300 degrees and certificates to nearly 31,000 students. The School of Health Professions is one of the fastest growing schools at MU. We are committed to improving the health and well-being of Missourians and other communities through excellent teaching, research and service. We believe in educational achievement, diversity and inclusion, collaboration and teamwork, high quality health care, and discovery of knowledge to advance the well-being of others. If you are an individual who would like to help the School of Health Professions advance this mission, we invite you to apply for this position. For information about the School of Health Professions, please visit: http://shp.missouri.edu/index.php. For information about the University of Missouri, please visit: https://missouri.edu/ and https://www.umsystem.edu/.
Compensation is competitive and commensurate with qualifications of the applicant. The University offers a comprehensive benefits package, including medical, dental and vision plans, retirement, paid time off, and educational fee discounts. For additional information, please visit the Faculty and Staff Benefits website at http://www.umsystem.edu/totalrewards/benefits The University of Missouri is fully committed to achieving the goal of a diverse and inclusive academic community of faculty, staff and students. We seek individuals who are committed to this goal and our core campus values of respect, responsibility, discovery and excellence. The University of Missouri is an Equal Opportunity/Access/Affirmative Action/Pro Disabled & Veteran employer. To request ADA accommodations, please contact our ADA Coordinator at (573) 884-7278 (V/TTY).
Stephanie Reid-Arndt, PhD, Search Committee Chair ReidArndtS@health.missouri.edu 573/884-6705