The Undergraduate Advising Center is a university service staffed by professional counselors, interns, and peer advisors committed to providing guidance and information to help undergraduate students have a successful college experience.
Undergraduate Advising Center Mission and Goals:
The Undergraduate Advising Center (UAC) facilitates graduation and centrally supports activities that help to ensure the achievement of the academic success goals of students, advising faculty, and campus support staff. The UAC's mission relates directly to the mission of the Division of Undergraduate Studies in that our main focus is to provide services that respond to the developmental, personal planning, and pre-professional needs of our diverse student population. The UAC supports advising related processes across the campus, cooperatively working with faculty, staff, and students. The UAC offers information, guidance, consultation, advocacy, leadership, and training to assist students in graduating in a timely manner.
- Develop and implement the philosophy and policies of the Undergraduate Advising Center, consistent with those of the Division of Undergraduate Studies and San Francisco State University.
- Responsible for all Undergraduate Advising Center budgetary matters.
- Supervise approximately 17 staff members, including professional academic counselors, coordinator of new student orientation programs, and administrative staff.
- With the Dean of Undergraduate Studies, facilitate and support the comprehensive academic advising efforts on campus, including new student orientation programs and other efforts to enhance student success.
- Interact and consult with university constituencies, including administrative support services, colleges, schools, departments, and individual faculty to improve the quality of advising.
- Represent Academic Affairs and Undergraduate Advising Center perspectives on university committees and to departments as appropriate.
- Participate in campus-wide efforts to facilitate graduation.
- Other duties as assigned.
Please refer to SF State official website for institutional information - http://www.sfsu.edu/
How To Apply: Submit an online application and/or resume and written statement describing your work experience and philosophy as it relates to this position. OR Submit a letter of interest that includes a written statement describing your work experience and philosophy as it relates to this position together with a detailed resume or curriculum vitae, with Job# 5424, to:
Dr. Jennifer Summit, Dean of Undergraduate Studies
Dr. Nancy Gerber, Interim Associate Dean of Undergraduate Studies
Division of Undergraduate Studies
San Francisco State University Attn: HR, S&RM, Staff Employment Services,
1600 Holloway Avenue, Administration Building 252, San Francisco, CA 94132-4252
SFSU IS NOT A SPONSORING AGENCY FOR STAFF OR MANAGEMENT POSITIONS. (i.e. H1-B VISAS).The Human Resources, Safety & Risk Management office is open Mondays through Fridays from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., and can be reached at (415) 338-1872 or (415) 338-1873. SF State is an Equal Opportunity/Americans with Disabilities Act employer and has a strong commitment to the principles of diversity.
Please use SF State HR link to apply - https://cmsweb.sfsu.edu/psc/HSFPRDF/EMPLOYEE/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM.HRS_CE.GBL?&
Lara King, Assistant to the Dean of Undergraduate Studies