The Military and Veteran Student Services office within the Center for Diversity & Enrichment at the University of Iowa is seeking a full-time educational support services associate (working title, administrative coordinator).
- This position will focus on providing student support services to promote the educational development and success of military and veteran students and their dependents; counsel, advise, and advocate for military and veteran students and their dependents; support, coordinate, and present informational and educational outreach programs and workshops to military and veteran students and their dependents.
For a complete job description, visit our web site: http://diversity.uiowa.edu/employment-opportunities. To apply for this position, visit our website at http://jobs.uiowa.edu/ and search for Requisition #71820. All applications must be completed online via this website; however, if you need an accommodation in order to apply for this position, please contact Katie Voss by phone at (319) 335-1191 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org .
The University of Iowa values diversity among students, faculty, and staff and believes that a rich diversity of people and the many points of view they bring serve to enhance the quality of the educational experience at the University of Iowa. The University of Iowa is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment free from discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, national origin, age, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, religion, associational preference, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or status as a protected veteran.
- Bachelor’s degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience;
- Experience (typically six months to one year) supporting education services/student support programming, events, or services for military affiliated students.
- Demonstrates a basic proficiency in working effectively with a variety of individuals and groups in a constructive and civil manner while appreciating the unique contribution of individuals (i.e. individuals from varied cultures, race, creed, color, national origin, age, sex, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, and veteran status);
- Demonstrates a working knowledge and the ability to produce documents that are clear and well-presented. Uses various techniques to disseminate and gather information, and is able to adapt writing and/or delivery to different audiences;
- Demonstrates working proficiency in the communication techniques and relationship building skills that enable one to establish and build healthy working relationships and partnerships with a variety of individuals and groups in a constructive and collaborative manner;
- Demonstrates a working knowledge of and ability to use office support tools available on the desktop (e.g. calendaring, word processing, email, presentation software and spreadsheets);
- Demonstrated experience maintaining confidential records and information;
- Basic proficiency in planning and utilizing resources to fulfill unit objectives and plans, and achieving desired outcomes of current and future organizational goals/needs in a timely and organized manner;
- Basic proficiency and understanding of issues related to the decision making process; ability to analyze situations fully and accurately, and reach productive decisions;
- Basic proficiency providing new incoming students with a welcoming environment and familiarizing them with unit services, facilities, and policies.
- Working knowledge of University policies, procedures and regulations;
- Record of active duty military service (as documented on the DD214) or current service in a reserve component of the military;
- Experience working with, counseling, or advising military affiliated students in an educational setting;
- Experience working with Veterans Administration Educational Benefits (GI Bill) and services;
- Experience in assessment/outcomes application to improve educational goals.