Categories: Great Lakes Region 5
|Allen Student Advising Center
|May 15 2019 10:00PM
|June 9, 2019
Ohio University’s University College is accepting applications for a full-time Enrichment Advisor. Supervised by the Director of the Allen Student Advising Center, the Enrichment Advisor will:
- Provide campus wide advising to inform and inspire Ohio University undergraduates as work to enhance their degree.
- Provide enhanced advising for students in specific populations that traditionally have lower retention to sophomore year than majority students. These populations include, but are not limited to, first generation college students, commuter students, Appalachian students, students over age 25, and Pell eligible students.
- Advise a regular caseload of College Credit Plus students from Orientation to high school graduation.
- Utilize the MyOHIO Success Network (Starfish) to identify students within target populations in need of critical support. Provide intervention and connection to campus resources appropriately.
- Identify students who are academically “off-track,” such as students with below average credit completion or those who fail to complete critical milestones such as first-year math and English courses.
- Teach up to two courses per year as assigned.
- Provide advising for other University College students when needed.
- Create and implement a proactive communication and outreach plan to support the needs of specific populations of at-risk students including first-generation, commuter, and Pell-eligible students.
- Support implementation and continued growth of OHIO First Scholars, a campus-wide program to support and engage first-generation college students, who comprise approximately 1/3 of the undergraduate students on the Athens campus. OHIO First Scholars includes supplemental advising, transitional communication, proactive outreach and intervention, a mentoring program, a seminar class, advisement of a first-generation student organization, and a campus-wide community building and awareness campaign.
- Plan and execute events to support the academic and social engagement of targeted populations. Host workshops/info-sessions to raise awareness of the needs of specific populations amongst Athens campus faculty and staff.
- Support the Director in preparation of reports to demonstrate the impact of outreach and intervention initiatives.
Apply online at www.ohiouniversityjobs.com
Ohio University, Athens Campus
Angela Lash firstname.lastname@example.org 740-566-8888
Master’s Degree required in Higher Education, College Student Personnel, Counseling, or related field.
Some advising experience preferred