Categories: Mid Atlantic Region 2
|Stevenson University Online
|May 3 2019 10:00PM
|Open until filled
The Enrollment Counselor is responsible for recruiting new adult undergraduate nursing students, including RN to BS and Associates to Bachelor’s (ATB) nursing students, by contacting prospective students who have expressed an interest in Stevenson University Online (SUO) programs; advising and guiding them through the enrollment process. The Enrollment Counselor will also represent Stevenson University Online at on-campus and off-campus recruitment events. Assists the admissions team in meeting goals and expectations.
- Recruit prospective students who have shown an interest in Stevenson University Online’s undergraduate nursing programs including Associate to Bachelors (ATB) and RN to BS students.
- Generate prospective student leads by representing Stevenson University Online at on-campus and off-campus recruitment events.
- Advise and guide new applicants through the SUO and ATB application process
- Review assigned student applications for admission, verify and evaluate credentials, and recommend acceptance decisions based on institutional guidelines.
- Provide assessments of student ability as a member of the Admissions Committee.
- Provide excellent customer service to ensure student satisfaction throughout the recruitment and enrollment process.
- Respond to student inquiries regarding course and program elements and requirements.
- Attend all information sessions and open houses related to Stevenson University Online.
- Help identify potential partnerships with other colleges, corporations, military and government organizations.
- Assist with implementing marketing strategies (standard and e-marketing) and reviewing program content.
- Assist the admissions team in meeting annual enrollment goals and expectations
- Understand and maintain current knowledge of the university’s academic programs, activities, scholarships, etc.
- Work with academic departments in identifying information necessary to the recruitment of students for their individual programs.
- Participate in cross training, learning opportunities within the department.
Please use the following link to access the online application: http://stevenson.peopleadmin.com/postings/5695
Documents Needed to Apply Required Documents
- Complete Online Application
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application
Established in 1947, Stevenson University is a private university with a long history of providing students with a quality education taught by faculty with extensive, real-world experience. Stevenson University Online delivers career-relevant online Bachelor and Master degree programs in a personalized environment, providing dedicated one-on-one advising and small class sizes to support career-focused education. Our online programs are flexible and focused on meeting the needs of working adults.
- Bachelor’s degree plus three years related work experience in higher education, marketing, or sales or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Valid driver’s license with good driving record; must be insurable.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills required; must be able to read, analyze and interpret professional journals, and/or governmental regulations.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond directly to questions asked by students and the general public in a group setting and/or on a one-to-one basis.
- Math aptitude is required to calculate mathematical problems such as discounts, interest, proportions, and percentages.
- Excellent interpersonal and teamwork skills
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of information Ability to organize information, manage tasks and projects and use available software effectively to contribute to the department, including Excel, Word and PowerPoint applications.
- Interpret a variety of instructions as given whether in written, oral, diagram, of schedule form.
- Properly handle and reasonably control any situation which may arise.
- Ability to work evenings and weekends.
- Regional and local travel is a requirement of this position.
Previous experience as an admissions counselor, specifically working with the nursing student populations preferred.