- The intern(s) will update and implement focus groups for newly admitted students and parents at new student orientations throughout the summer and present their findings at the end of the summer.
- Develop a survey instrument to determine the reasons students that were accepted to the University have either: cancelled their application or indicated their plan to attend and did not. This assessment instrument will need to be developed for first time freshmen and transfer students.
- Meet with prospective students and families and conduct informational sessions and campus tours including some select Saturday’s.
- Assist the Office of Admissions in working with admitted students bringing them to enrollment including, phone, correspondence and in person meetings.
- Assist the Division of Enrollment Management (including Admissions and Financial Aid) with their role in New Student Orientation.
- Review and revise Admissions Correspondence.
- Complete multiple projects as assigned by the Vice Chancellor of Enrollment Management.
Applications can be sent via email to:
W. Mack Palmour
Vice Chancellor of Enrollment Management
University of South Carolina Beaufort
1 University Boulevard
Bluffton, SC 29909
The University of South Carolina Beaufort is a Four-year, senior residential university within the University of South Carolina system. USCB has two locations, Beaufort, our original campus located on 7 acres in downtown Beaufort on the banks of the Beaufort River, and the Bluffton Campus located on 200 acres approximately 12 miles from Hilton Head Island. In the fall of 2018, the university will open the Center for Hospitality Management, for upperclassmen on Hilton Head Island near the entrance to Sea Pine Resort. The University has 2000 students with 900+ residential students. USCB is the newest senior university within the USC system.
Compensation will include a $2000.00 stipend for the summer plus free university housing. University housing consists of a four-bedroom, two bath, furnished apartment with full kitchen and living room. Free wireless internet and cable in each unit and all utilities included. W/D in each unit. Interns may be sharing apartment with at least one other for the summer.
Application materials are due by Friday, March 16, 2018. Phone/Skype interviews will be conducted the week of April 1st, 2018. Offer will be made: The week of April 9th, 2018