The Executive Director is responsible for the vision and the strategic direction for the Academic Achievement Center (AAC ) and ensures that excellent student centered programs and services are available and accessible. The AAC plays a central role supporting the academic mission of the university and the Executive Director is the primary representative of the AAC at many university and off-campus events and functions. The Executive Director provides the collaborative leadership for the programs and services offered by the AAC . These include academic advising of first year students, new transfer students and students undecided about their major, learning assistance services, disability resources, testing services, and other academic support services. In addition, the Executive Director manages the financial resources of the AAC and works across divisions to act as an advocate for the AAC and for the students who use its services.
SUPERVISION RECEIVED : Reports to Dean of Undergraduate Studies.
SUPERVISION EXERCISED : Direct supervision of the Associate Director of Advising, Associate Director of the Disability Resources Office, and the Assistant Director of Learning Assistance, along oversight of the other professional, non-professional, faculty and student staff assigned to the AAC .
Position Type: APA Professional
Work Environment: Bridgewater State University complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA ) to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified applicants and employee with disabilities. Office activities are performed in an environmentally controlled office setting subject to extended periods of sitting, keyboarding and interaction with computer equipment; Occasional bending, reaching, lifting, pushing and pulling up to 5 pounds.
Special Conditions for Eligibility: Please be aware that employment at Bridgewater State University is contingent upon completion of a successful background check. Salary Range: $100,000 - 110,000 Posting Number: S00469P Open Date: 04/10/2019 Close Date: 5/25/2019 Open Until Filled
Bridgewater State University (BSU ) is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer which actively seeks to increase the diversity of its workforce. We are dedicated to providing educational, working and living environments that value the diverse backgrounds of all people.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved. https://www.jobelephant.com/ jeid-5b4f21717dcdfc43b8fff4e5ad56c4c8
- Provides overall leadership, vision and strategic planning for the Academic Achievement Center.
Overall management and guidance of all activities related to:
- Academic advising services for first year and new transfer students, students on academic probation, and students undecided about their major.
- Support services for students with disabilities.
- Tutoring services focused on Core Curriculum courses and courses that are introductory to the majors.
- Academic coaching and other learning assistance areas including the Writing Studio, the Math Lab, and Second Language Services.
- Testing Services to meet the needs of BSU students and the region.
- Create and support specialized advising and academic counseling services focused on students with demonstrated achievement and persistence gaps.
- Foster collaborations with faculty to support development of skills in mathematics, reading, speaking and writing among students with identified needs.
- Maximize involvement of faculty in Alternative Professional Responsibility opportunities in the Academic Achievement Center.
- Ensure support of the professional development needs of faculty, graduate assistants, students and staff who work in Academic Achievement Center.
- Develop and implement of policies related to academic advising, academic support services, and other related academic areas to refine institutional practices and facilitate changes as indicated by data.
- Support current programs for students in academic jeopardy and grow new programs and activities to improve the rates of retention, graduation and years-to-degree for our students.
- Prepare proposals with the assistance of the Office of Grants and Sponsored Projects to seek external funding for innovative programming.
- Collect and use data on the effectiveness of services provided through the Academic Achievement Center and make recommendations for improvements.
- Develop and manage the AAC budget incorporating strategic planning to support program enhancements and new initiatives.
- Coordinate the undergraduate academic standards process for the university and chair the Academic Standards Committee. Work collaboratively with the registrar and academic deans to identify students placed on academic warning, probation, and dismissal and connect them with appropriate interventions to support their success and progress toward degree completion.
- Monitor the broader higher educational environment to ensure that the AAC provides services that are modeled on emerging and/or proven best practices. Create professional development plans for staff that support implementation of these best practices.
- Collaborate with other offices and programs both on and off campus to support student academic success.
- Work with programs and committees such as dual enrollment, the Care Team, and CC2BSU.
- Other duties as assigned.
Special Instructions to Applicants: Please note the following information is required to complete your application for this position: *a minimum of one (1) employment history entry. *a minimum of three (3) professional reference entries. To apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/1437362
The Academic Achievement Center at Bridgewater State University provides students with academic advising, resources and services that propel them toward successful and timely degree completion.